Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is it? Set 311

"Andrew Erickson" wrote in message
In article , "Rob H."
wrote:

1782 - Looks to be a tubing cutter, not unlike what is commonly used in
plumbing. The triangular attachment at the tip is presumably to remove
the burr created by the cutting wheel while cutting the tubing. Most
I've seen have a couple of small (non-sharpened) rollers instead of the
V grooved projection, which I presume would make most I've seen a bit
smoother operating than this one.

1782. has anyone already guessed it might be for cutting glass tubes?
wondering if when you're cutting glass you don't need the rollers. i mean,
i've never seen a tubing cutter like that before either, but i'm sure i
haven't seen everything, maybe it's for cutting glass tubing? i have no
idea how they cut glass tubing anyhow either.
oh, but then it wouldn't need a deburring cutter huh?
just googled "glass tubing cutter"...
http://www.cnascientific.com/Product...ct.aspx?id=155
doesn't have rollers, but it also doesn't have the deburring cutter either.