Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Info needed on old air compressor

I think it is an old Continental F head engine. Various sizes up to 162
cubic inches.

http://www.stumpfweldingsupplies.com...aul_Manual.pdf

I'm curious to see what the compressor part looks like. Probably some
sort of turbine or rotary screw unit. If so, that would make it a later
model

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Only thing I can figure, it's a gasoline powered gadget. But
you knew that. The folks on the metal working group may
recognize such a device. I'll copy them in.

Anyone recognize this?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RoyJ wrote:
I think it is an old Continental F head engine. Various sizes up to 162
cubic inches.

http://www.stumpfweldingsupplies.com...aul_Manual.pdf

I'm curious to see what the compressor part looks like. Probably some
sort of turbine or rotary screw unit. If so, that would make it a later
model

It very much looked like rotary screw down low on the end of the
crankshaft. What are those weld patches on? If that's the air tank, do
NOT start the engine! This is a deathtrap, and the tank needs to be
replaced. If that is an oil tank or separator, then make sure it
doesn't see pressure, or back to the above.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:01:22 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

RoyJ wrote:
I think it is an old Continental F head engine. Various sizes up to 162
cubic inches.

http://www.stumpfweldingsupplies.com...aul_Manual.pdf

I'm curious to see what the compressor part looks like. Probably some
sort of turbine or rotary screw unit. If so, that would make it a later
model

It very much looked like rotary screw down low on the end of the
crankshaft. What are those weld patches on? If that's the air tank, do
NOT start the engine! This is a deathtrap, and the tank needs to be
replaced. If that is an oil tank or separator, then make sure it
doesn't see pressure, or back to the above.

Jon

It's an "L" head, not an "F" head. "F" heads have rocker covers like
an OHV.