Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Free Flashlight Coupon

http://www.ifcba.com/images/htf/65458/coupon22.html

Says the coupon may not be reproduced. But, likely the store
clerks won't read the fine print. Free flashlight.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Free is about all they're worth as a real flashlight. I have some that look
identical to the picture, and the housing is thin enough to crush with just
hand power.

I'd be embarrased to give them to anyone I know.

The LEDs aren't even soldered to a circuit board in the one model, and both
versions just fold the (-) leads out alongside the reflector, then jamb the
LED assembly and clear lens into the housing.

A good deal for free LEDs to experiment with if they can be removed without
breaking the leads off, but a very poor example of "it looky like a
flashlight" Chinese goods.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

http://www.ifcba.com/images/htf/65458/coupon22.html

Says the coupon may not be reproduced. But, likely the store
clerks won't read the fine print. Free flashlight.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://www.ifcba.com/images/htf/65458/coupon22.html

Says the coupon may not be reproduced. But, likely the store
clerks won't read the fine print. Free flashlight.

I have 6 or 8 of those around the house. We sold thousands of them for
$3.99 when they came out 2 years ago. Could not get enough of them.
They use 3 AAA batteries. They work OK, but sometimes you have to rap
them on a hard surface to wake 'em up.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:36:42 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

http://www.ifcba.com/images/htf/65458/coupon22.html

Says the coupon may not be reproduced. But, likely the store clerks won't
read the fine print. Free flashlight.

First, take the moral high ground - go to the store and ask, "I found this
on the internet. Is it valid?" I doubt if it'll be a problem, since the
purpose of coupons is to get people into the store, where they usually buy
other stuff. They probably got a containerload of the flashlights for
about fifteen cents apiece from China. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:36:42 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

http://www.ifcba.com/images/htf/65458/coupon22.html

Says the coupon may not be reproduced. But, likely the store clerks
won't read the fine print. Free flashlight.

First, take the moral high ground - go to the store and ask, "I found
this on the internet. Is it valid?" I doubt if it'll be a problem,
since the purpose of coupons is to get people into the store, where
they usually buy other stuff. They probably got a containerload of
the flashlights for about fifteen cents apiece from China. ;-)

I took my coupon to my local store, but they didn't have any in stock. The
clerk was about to issue a rain check, when the manager said, "here, take
one of these," and handed me one from a basket near the door (they were for
a promotion of some sort or another).

Oh, and I ended up buying $15 worth of other stuff while I was in the store.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Danniken wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:
[...]

$15? That wasn't worth the trip! ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sounds like you did good. And they got back the value of the
light.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
message ...

I took my coupon to my local store, but they didn't have any
in stock. The
clerk was about to issue a rain check, when the manager
said, "here, take
one of these," and handed me one from a basket near the door
(they were for
a promotion of some sort or another).

Oh, and I ended up buying $15 worth of other stuff while I
was in the store.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Excellent moral lesson. You're so right.

I'm nominating Rich for the Dr. Laura Award of the Week. Any
seconds?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus