Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - The World Recognizes that Obama is a GREAT President..do you?

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 19:34:21 -0400, the infamous
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 13:43:47 -0700, flattrack38
wrote:

On Oct 9, 2:06*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Oct 9, 2:03*pm, flattrack38 wrote:

On Oct 9, 1:54*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Choke on it wingers. ;)

Obama has my respect and now a Nobel Prize.

Neither one George Bush ever had.

But we do owe George Bush thanks for helping to make this happen.

And every misguided Republican who voted for George Bush.

Obama would never have been elected without both of them.

Now I invite you to join me and other patriotic Amercians in a
"call of action" that will once again make the United States of
America the greatest country in the world.

TMT

Obama says he'll accept Nobel as 'call to action' By DARLENE
SUPERVILLE, Associated Press Writer Darlene Superville, Associated
Press Writer

WASHINGTON – A beaming President Barack Obama said Friday he was
both honored and humbled to win the Nobel Peace Prize and would
accept it as a "call to action" to work with other nations to solve
the world's most pressing problems.

Obama told reporters in the White House Rose Garden that he wasn't
sure he had done enough to earn the award, or deserved to be in the
company of the "transformative figures" who had won it before him.

But, he said, "I will accept this award as a call to action, a call
for all nations to confront the challenges of the 21st century."

Obama will travel to Oslo, Norway, in December to accept the award,
including a $1.4 million prize. The White House said Obama will
donate the entire amount to charity.

Obama, 48, is the third U.S. president to win the prize while in
office, after Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson. Former
President Jimmy Carter won the prize in 2002, more than two decades
after he left office.

In its surprise choice, the Norwegian Nobel Committee cited the
president's creation of a "new climate in international politics"
and his work on nuclear disarmament, even though he is just nine
months into his presidency.

"These challenges cannot be met by any one leader or any one
nation," the president said. "That's why my administration wants to
establish a new era of engagement in which all nations must take
responsibility for the world we seek."

Obama acknowledged that, while accepting an award for peace, he was
commander in chief of a country engaged in wars in Iraq and
Afghanistan.

"We have to confront the world as we know it," he said.

He said he was working to end the war in Iraq and "to confront a
ruthless adversary that directly threatens the American people and
our allies" in Afghanistan.

"I'm also aware that we are dealing with the impact of a global
economic crisis that has left millions of Americans looking for
work," he said.

"This award must be shared by everyone who strives for justice and
dignity," he added.

He said that some of his goals, including that of a
nuclear-weapons- free world, might not be accomplished in his
lifetime.

"I am both surprised and deeply humbled by the decision of the
Nobel Committee," Obama said.

"Let me be clear, I do not view it as a recognition of my own
accomplishments, but rather as an affirmation of American
leadership on behalf of aspirations held by people in all nations."

Obama said he was aware that "throughout history, the Nobel Peace
Prize has not just been used to honor specific achievement, it's
also been used as a means to give momentum to a set of causes."

The award took the Obama and his staff by surprise. Press secretary
Robert Gibbs learned from reporters that Obama had won the 2009
prize, and telephoned the White House early Friday to pass along
the news to his boss.

"Well, this is not how I expected to wake up this morning," Obama
said. He described his interaction with his two daughters.

"After I received the news, Malia walked in and said, 'Daddy, you
won the Nobel Peace Prize, and it is Bo's birthday.' And then Sasha
added, `Plus, we have a three-day weekend coming up.' So it's —
it's good to have kids to keep things in perspective."

The nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize were due 11 days after
Obama became sitting President. Tell me please exactly what did Obama
do in those 11 days to earn this award?- Hide quoted text -

Why don't you ask your question of the Nobel Prize committee?

And report back with their answer.

The world recognizes that Obama is a great man and leader...do you?

When / If Obama does something great, I will gladly aknowledge it. I'm
still waiting..........

In the mean time, how about helping me out. Give me a list of these
great things Obama has done. Oh, and never fear, I'm not holding my
breath. Take your time. No hurry. I'm sure you can come up with a few
good lie

Well the first thing of note he did, which desearves a reward for
bravery if nothing else, was to run for office as a black man in a
(still) very racially devided and politically fractuous country like
the U.S.of A.

Use "divided", please, both in Canuckistan and USA. So, do you also
respect and honor the Right Reverend Jesse Jackson/Wright/Farrakhan
and the black senators, governors, and mayors?

The fact that he SURVIVED to be elected is an accomplishment in
itself.
If he survives to actually accomplish much of what he has set out to
do will be another accomplishment - given the general tone of some of
the meatheads on this list.

It's taken a lot of GUTS to get this far - and he's got the guts to do
what needs to be done if some nutcase doesn't spill them for him
first.

Sure, and it takes guts to run for any high office. Praise all the
rest before him, too, please. Black, white, yellow, red, and brown.

All I want to know is "What do the Norwegians expect for their 1.4
million dollar payoff, hmmm?"

Shades of Algore.

I looked for the Nobel links and liked what Rush had to say:

"LIMBAUGH: You see a pattern here, folks? Liberal sellouts. Liberal
sellouts get this prize. George Bush liberates 50 million Muslims.
Ronald Reagan liberates hundreds of millions of Europeans, saves parts
of Latin America. Any awards? No, just derision. Obama gives speeches
trashing his own country, and he gets a prize for it."

From
http://www.opednews.com/populum/diarypage.php?did=14550

--
Seen on a bumper sticker: ARM THE HOMELESS