Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
No Name

Default OT - Undercover stings expose 'gun show loophole'

TMT

You do realize these "investigators" violated Federal law don't you?
You, apparently, see no problem with this, so why do see a problem
with casual remarks dropped at the time of sale?

Bill Smith

hehehe .. .. . now, they're saying these "investigators" weren't really
NYPD cops at all, but that they were "contracted" by the city to carry
out this "investigation" .. .. so legally, everything is hearsay. The
casual entrapment type of statements made by the film makers (I refuse
to call them investigators any longer) "I probably couldn't pass a
check" .. .. is in no way definitive. "PROBABLY" doesn't cut it ..
without knowledge of a genuine disqualification to purchase, it's just
"he said - she said" in a court of law, which is why this stuff will
NEVER bring charges against the sellers. Now, if the film makers said
"I couldn't pass a check because I'm a convicted felon", it might be a
different story, but "probably" is just too vague and open to
interpretation.

If you "probably" couldn't pass a check, you "probably" shouldn't be
trying to buy this gun, and the seller "probably" should have refused to
sell to you, but the degree of "probability" is open to interpretation
without additional information.