Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ACORN Story Grows But Mainstream Media Refuse to Cover It

Ed Huntress wrote:

Everybody is ****ed off at Acorn over this, but Congress is just throwing
them under the bus because Fox has sunk their teeth into it. In truth, it's
not much of a story: One of 80-some NGOs that assist in the Census had four,
or six employees trying to break the law. That's not much news, is it?

What I find interesting is that they went to three different ACORN
offices and got almost identical treatment. What I'd like to know is
whether they went to any ACORN offices and got thrown out.

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is..enemy action?
That's something like what Goldfinger told Bond.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

Everybody is ****ed off at Acorn over this, but Congress is just throwing
them under the bus because Fox has sunk their teeth into it. In truth,
it's not much of a story: One of 80-some NGOs that assist in the Census
had four, or six employees trying to break the law. That's not much news,
is it?

What I find interesting is that they went to three different ACORN offices
and got almost identical treatment. What I'd like to know is whether they
went to any ACORN offices and got thrown out.

Actually, they apparently went to many more (I have to track this story
down, but Acorn identified five more as of the time I read it), and just
kept going until they found some patsies.

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is..enemy action?
That's something like what Goldfinger told Bond.

David

This is one case in which you'd want to see the real statistics.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David R.Birch wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:

Everybody is ****ed off at Acorn over this, but Congress is just
throwing them under the bus because Fox has sunk their teeth into it.
In truth, it's not much of a story: One of 80-some NGOs that assist in
the Census had four, or six employees trying to break the law. That's
not much news, is it?

What I find interesting is that they went to three different ACORN
offices and got almost identical treatment. What I'd like to know is
whether they went to any ACORN offices and got thrown out.

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is..enemy action?
That's something like what Goldfinger told Bond.

Acorn has an obvious agenda, and a proven record of bending the law to
get it. Congress knows that anything having to do with ACORN is a
political liability that will haunt them come next election.
That vote was for job security.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

Everybody is ****ed off at Acorn over this, but Congress is just throwing
them under the bus because Fox has sunk their teeth into it. In truth,
it's not much of a story: One of 80-some NGOs that assist in the Census
had four, or six employees trying to break the law. That's not much news,
is it?

What I find interesting is that they went to three different ACORN offices
and got almost identical treatment. What I'd like to know is whether they
went to any ACORN offices and got thrown out.

Actually, they apparently went to many more (I have to track this story
down, but Acorn identified five more as of the time I read it), and just
kept going until they found some patsies.

And many of the ones that have been identified have also shown up on tape!
The total as of today is 4 offices, The latest on the West Coast.

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is..enemy action?
That's something like what Goldfinger told Bond.

David

This is one case in which you'd want to see the real statistics.

Why? They ALL get the same training and the "counselors" ALL seem to be
saying the same types of ways to commit fraud.

--
Ed Huntress