Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default their at it again.

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

You can only wonder what would happen if a real cure for several diseases
was found and it affected a trillion dollars worth of these securities.
Would Pfizer accept an offer from Goldman to withhold a drug or treatment?
You could create a bond to raise the payment or even issue protection ala
CDS's.

Hell, I'd be more afraid that our government would suppress the cure, could you imagine
how Social security and Medicare would be impacted by an extension of life?

It would be like if you figured a way to transmute lead to gold (not likely), all I can
say is if you did, you wouldn't last long, that would be too destabilizing. All we would
hear is some crackpot named J. Carroll thought he could do it and perished in a fire in
his makeshift laboratory.

Where is my 250ft roll of tin foil

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Hell, I'd be more afraid that our government would suppress the cure,
could you imagine how Social security and Medicare would be impacted
by an extension of life?

They do that now Wes.
Nothing is suppressed, per se, they just don't pay for it. The result is the
same.
On the flip side, private hospitals had death panels until the federal
programs began covering treatment.
They decided who would get kidney dialysis and who wouldn't and without
treatment, you just die.

If you are sick, the best medicine out there is money. Of course it only gets you so far.

It would be like if you figured a way to transmute lead to gold (not
likely), all I can say is if you did, you wouldn't last long, that
would be too destabilizing. All we would hear is some crackpot named
J. Carroll thought he could do it and perished in a fire in his
makeshift laboratory.

LOL
Pretty good Wes but you have to bear in mind that Pfizer just got whacked
with a $2.3 Billion dollar fine for it's off label marketing practices and
that's about the same thing.

And the fine impacts stockholders and drug consumers. Unless a judgement comes out of
managements pockets, the fine is meaningless.

Wes