Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Give women guns!

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
NYTimes columnist Randy Cohen suggests, with tongue in cheek, that
only women should be allowed to have guns.

http://ethicist.blogs.nytimes.com:80...ve-women-guns/

He freely admits that it's humor with an agenda.

I responded to his absurdity (and agenda) in kind:

---

Wot a brilliant idea! The arms industry could use some lipstick.

I can't wait to see the handgun and holster designs from the likes of
Donna Karan, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, etc.
Rhinestone Rugers, Luscious Lugers, glitzy glittering Glocks like the
"after nine nine", Victoria's Secret Sig, the Hanna Montana banana
clip (for her AK-47), the La Perla front sight that won't snag fine
lingerie for the most intimately concealed carry...

Also the articles in Cosmo and Redbook:

"The Ruger LCP: a little black gun to go with your little black dress"
"38 bra gets their attention, .38 in your purse keeps them polite"
"Is the .38 truly special?"
"Which popper is proper with PMS?"
"Glamo ammo and brass bling"
"Semiauto vs revolver: décolletage and hot brass"
"Stroller Scabbards and Heavenly Holsters"
"Organic recipes for handgun handloads"
"Aroma therapy with Hoppe's #9 nitro solvent"
"Add vanilla and cinnamon to your powder for festive gunsmoke"
"The .17HMR for shooting varmints from the kitchen window without
waking the baby"

Making guns attractive to women may well be an inspired marketing and
political maneuver. Well done, Mr. Cohen!

---

So far I have not seen my response published by the NYTimes, fancy
that!

http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/20...-cute-and.aspx

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:50:22 -0700, the infamous "Calif Bill"
scrawled the following:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/10/18/hello-kitty-ak-47/

But my fave is the slumber party pic, with an Asian chick in her
Kalashnikitty tee with her AK and the Americhick in her skull and
crossbones jammies with her silenced, pink AR. I can't find it online
or I'd link it. The caption is "DON'T CRASH THIS SLUMBER PARTY"

While we're on the HK roll, follow the links on this after reading the
page. http://cuteoverload.com/2009/06/27/puhlease-people/

--
If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the
thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power