Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obama to grant interviews only with his intellectual equals

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...032.html?nb=90

Child's Play: Cub Reporter Bags Obama
11-year old reporting phenom goes one-on-one with Obama

He's interviewed Oprah, D-Wade and now President Obama. No, we're not
talking about Rush Limbaugh, Anderson Cooper or Larry King.

Damon Weaver already has a resume to match all of those big shot media
powers, and he's only 11.

Weaver, who will be starting the 6th grade next week at Canal Point
Elementary in Palm Beach, was at the White House on Thursday to grill the
president for an hour on issues much deeper than his favorite cartoon
growing up and if he was bullied in school.

Looking dapper in a dark suit and tie, the seasoned reporter didn't shy away
from the tough questions, tackling hot button issues like healthcare reform,
education funding and crime.

"All across America, money is being cut from education. How can education be
improved with all these cuts?" Weaver peppered the Prez.

"We think it's important to put more money into the schools, but money alone
is not going to make the difference, we've also got to improve how the
schools are operating," Obama responded.

"Do you have the power to make the school lunches better?" Weaver asked.

"Well, you know, I remember when I used to get school lunches sometimes they
didn't taste so good, I gotta admit," confessed Obama. "We are actually
seeing if we can work to at least make school lunches healthier."

It is to be noted, that D-Wade should be credited with an assist on this
one. The Heat star promised to play Obama one-on-one if the President gave
Weaver an interview.

When Weaver asked whether the President would take up the challenge and play
Wade, Obama wavered a bit.

"I would play Dwyane Wade...I gotta admit though, Dwyane Wade's a little bit
better at basketball than I am. I might rather have him on my team playing
against somebody else than playing against him," Obama said.

No word on when or if that battle of the native Chicago titans will go down,
but we expect it to be a pay-per-view event with Weaver as a sideline
reporter.

At the end of the interview, Weaver noted that during his interview with
Biden, the two became homeboys, and he asked Obama if they could be homeboys
too.

"Absolutely," Obama said.

Meanwhile, the Palm Beach Post is proclaiming Weaver as the youngest
journalist to ever interview a president. While we're sure the Guinness Book
of Records is scurrying to confirm that little nugget, Weaver finds himself
in a bit of a pickle.

Now that he has notched the president on his belt, where does he go from
here in his career? Retirement?

Maybe there will be an announcement on Weaver's future at his noon press
conference on the White House lawn. Yes, he is in fact having a
presidential-like press conference today.

And yes, we should all be jealous.