DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Perpendicular shank use in boring head (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/283332-perpendicular-shank-use-boring-head.html)

Louis Ohland July 29th 09 04:47 PM

Perpendicular shank use in boring head

I'm perplexed. How does one orient the boring tool in the horizontal
hole of a boring head? The normal relief angle does not seem to be
available...

Jim Wilkins July 29th 09 05:14 PM

On Jul 29, 11:47*am, Louis Ohland wrote:
* *I'm perplexed. How does one orient the boring tool in the horizontal
hole of a boring head? The normal relief angle does not seem to be
available...

I bored several meter holes in a panel that way last night, after
cutting most of the metal out roughly with the nearest size of hole
saw. With the cutting corner down the spindle had to run in reverse.

jsw