Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pressure washer update (was motor rewinding cost)

Bruce, that's exactly what I think, they wired START in parallel and
STOP in series. So all I need is connect the remote STOP wires
together. I will try it, hopefully tonight.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:52:38 -0500, Ignoramus13927
wrote:

Bruce, that's exactly what I think, they wired START in parallel and
STOP in series. So all I need is connect the remote STOP wires
together. I will try it, hopefully tonight.

Get the added wires all the way out of there, so you can see what
you are doing with only factory wiring.

The 20-second time-out could be from the Burner circuit - if the
burner doesn't light there will be a time out so you don't get a gas
explosion. Should just turn off the gas, but killing the main
contactor could be an unintended consequence of how they wired it.

-- Bruce --
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Bruce, that's exactly what I think, they wired START in parallel and
STOP in series. So all I need is connect the remote STOP wires
together. I will try it, hopefully tonight.

Get the added wires all the way out of there, so you can see what
you are doing with only factory wiring.

The 20-second time-out could be from the Burner circuit - if the
burner doesn't light there will be a time out so you don't get a gas
explosion. Should just turn off the gas, but killing the main
contactor could be an unintended consequence of how they wired it.

I know the reason why the RESET popped in 20 seconds. It was because
of a short in the remote connection junction box.

The RESET button is wired in series with the rest of the control
circuit. It is dumb, just a control system circuit breaker.

I may have more issues, but for now I need to resolve the wiring
issue.