DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   NG deterioration (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/282100-ng-deterioration.html)

Too_Many_Tools July 13th 09 07:52 AM

NG deterioration

On Jul 12, 5:02*pm, Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Bill Noble wrote:

at the risk of prolonging the death of this thread, I would disagree
with "conservative" - it's "right wing", but very very far from
conservative.

There are only a couple of conservatives that post to this group. Were you
to look carefully, you'd see I'm one of them.
There is no shortage, however, of opinionated and vocal K00Ks with thin
skins and little sense.

If we can trust Rasmussen, Conservatives out number Democrats and Republicans and are
found in BOTH parties.

Is TMT still trolling?

Wes

Is Wes still a winger?

TMT

Too_Many_Tools July 13th 09 07:56 AM

NG deterioration

On Jul 12, 7:08*pm, "John R. Carroll" wrote:
Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Bill Noble wrote:

at the risk of prolonging the death of this thread, I would disagree
with "conservative" - it's "right wing", but very very far from
conservative.

There are only a couple of conservatives that post to this group.
Were you to look carefully, you'd see I'm one of them.
There is no shortage, however, of opinionated and vocal K00Ks with
thin skins and little sense.

If we can trust Rasmussen, Conservatives out number Democrats and
Republicans and are found in BOTH parties.

No comment Wes.

Is TMT still trolling?

Who knows.
He certainly is annoying.

Man. I just looked over the Michigan numbers on Thursday.
I'm breathless, speachless and otherwise chagrined.

I might just come home and do something about it. Well, I might try anyway.
That's all one can really do you know.
You will probably find this amusing but I've only felt as let down as I do
now twice before in my life.
Not angry or anything mind you. Just WTF, you know...............

--
John R. Carroll

Annoying as the endless right wing - foaming at the mouth -
conservative spam that continues to posted here by "good"
conservatives?

And yes the numbers are amazing.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools July 13th 09 08:01 AM

NG deterioration

On Jul 12, 11:29*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
What exactly is a newsgroup anyway? It's just a bunch of people putting
their thoughts up for all to see. If there is a sense of deterioration
that's simple, it's a matter of who is doing the posting. From my
experience, the problem is that so many right wingers are in the group
and can't contain themselves from making negative comments about
"liberals". Then people respond to the attacks and it goes back and
forth from there. If the right wingers would keep their political views
to themselves you would see the "deterioration" stop right away. But
that will never happen. They are so emotional they can't keep anything
to themselves.

Hawke

**** me. *Just think of what would happen if we talked about metal all the
time.

Shazam, Batman!

We'd all have acute iron poisoning.

It's symptoms are belching, farting and a desire to drink beer.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools July 13th 09 08:04 AM

NG deterioration

On Jul 12, 11:30*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
Is TMT still trolling?

TMT is the consummate troll. *I wouldn't doubt if in real life he's not a
politician.

*Blush*

You flatter me.

Think of me as a counter balance for all the endless right wing -
foaming at the mouth - conservative spam that fills this newsgroup.

You DO dislike those consummate conservative trolls don't you?

You wouldn't want to be a hypocrite.

TMT

Larry Jaques July 13th 09 01:48 PM

NG deterioration

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 22:29:17 -0600, the infamous "SteveB"
scrawled the following:

What exactly is a newsgroup anyway? It's just a bunch of people putting
their thoughts up for all to see. If there is a sense of deterioration
that's simple, it's a matter of who is doing the posting. From my
experience, the problem is that so many right wingers are in the group
and can't contain themselves from making negative comments about
"liberals". Then people respond to the attacks and it goes back and
forth from there. If the right wingers would keep their political views
to themselves you would see the "deterioration" stop right away. But
that will never happen. They are so emotional they can't keep anything
to themselves.

Hawke

**** me. Just think of what would happen if we talked about metal all the
time.

Shazam, Batman!

It'd become boring, really boring, and quickly. 2/3 of us would
leave, coming back only to get questions answered. The social aspect,
and the breadth of experience would be gone. That's the draw of the
Wreck and Rec.Metalheads. Great guys talking about everything that is
interesting.

I tell ya what, though. If everyone would just stop answering all the
bloody troll calls, half that OT crap would instantly disappear and
the noise-to-signal ratio would return to a nice signal-to-noise
ratio. The electrician thing is a perfect example. It turned into a
1,000 message troll overnight. sigh

--
Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything
evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything.

Frank Warner July 15th 09 09:47 PM

NG deterioration

In article , SteveB
wrote:

"Half-Nutz" wrote in message
On Jul 11, 8:24 am, jon_banquer wrote:
On Jul 10, 11:36 pm, cavelamb wrote:

What's a "pro"? Is that some "a" hole who can't machine his way out
of a paper bag and who posts on Usenet trying to convince everyone
he's the worlds greatest machinist?

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

Now you are claiming to be a "Pro" ?
Nice definition for you.

Thanks for making me laugh, once again!

Reply: I grew up in Las Vegas. Got a job on the Strip at 16. I heard the
word "pro" many times. One time, I asked an old timer what it meant. He
said, "A pro is a guy who does a good job no matter how he feels." He
didn't say perfect job. Or outstanding job. Just good job. I remembered
that.

You got THAT definition in Vegas??? On the Strip? I'm stunned. Are you
sure he said "guy" and "he?"

-Frank

--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com/

Gunner Asch[_4_] July 19th 09 12:20 AM

NG deterioration

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:34:13 +1000, "Grumpy"
wrote:

"cavelamb" wrote in message
om...
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "Stu Fields"
wrote:
This NG seems to have deteriorated into mostly OT and a lot of name
calling that sounds like an elementary school yard environment. Its a
shame. I'm reminded of an adage that says:
"Never argue with idiots. They will force you to their level where they
have more experience and you will lose."

Stu, most of the garbage is coming from other groups and crossposted
here. Filter out the crossposted articles, and most of the garbage will
disappear.

Were I king of the news groups, I'd do away with cross posting completely.

Sure, it had valid uses.

But these days it is used mostly to destroy groups that someone wants
destroyed.

I use Outlook express as a newsgroup reader. Can anyone tell me how I set it
up to eliminate cross posts/

Thanks in advance

Yes. Install Forte Agent instead.

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"