Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Too many msgs.

I have 16,680 msgs every time I open his site. How can I delete 16,000
of them??

Windows XP, firefox, tds.net
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jerry Wass wrote:

I have 16,680 msgs every time I open his site. How can I delete 16,000
of them??

Windows XP, firefox, tds.net

That is the number of messages on the server you use if it never
changes. I currently have 526,921 messages back to june 2003, with only
708 unread. Of course Ed will call me a liar, as usual.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jerry Wass wrote:
I have 16,680 msgs every time I open his site. How can I delete 16,000
of them??

Windows XP, firefox, tds.net

You can designate how many headers to download at a time

Tools
Account settings
Choose the newsgroup account
Server settings
Check the box "Ask me before downloading more than [_____] messages"
Mine is set to 1000
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jerry Wass wrote:
...I open his site. ... firefox, ...

Stop reading newsgroups on the web. Use a newsreader, e.g., Mozilla
Thunderbird, & a news server, e.g., NewsGuy. You can set Thunderbird to
show only unread messages. Or lots of other options.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RBnDFW wrote:
Jerry Wass wrote:
I have 16,680 msgs every time I open his site. How can I delete
16,000 of them??

Windows XP, firefox, tds.net

You can designate how many headers to download at a time

Tools
Account settings
Choose the newsgroup account
Server settings
Check the box "Ask me before downloading more than [_____] messages"
Mine is set to 1000

Mine is set to 200-----that's not the problem--sometimes it takes
forever to d/l the latest msgs---I thought the 16,000 was taking all the
time to d/l every time---Jerry---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Jerry Wass wrote:
...I open his site. ... firefox, ...

Stop reading newsgroups on the web. Use a newsreader, e.g., Mozilla
Thunderbird, & a news server, e.g., NewsGuy. You can set Thunderbird to
show only unread messages. Or lots of other options.

Bob

made mistake --I'm using Tbird---not Firefox---point me toward the
settings, please---Jerry
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jerry Wass wrote:
made mistake --I'm using Tbird---not Firefox---point me toward the
settings, please---Jerry

In the Toolbar: View ... Threads ... "Unread" or "Threads with Unread"

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jerry Wass wrote:
Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Jerry Wass wrote:
...I open his site. ... firefox, ...

Stop reading newsgroups on the web. Use a newsreader, e.g., Mozilla
Thunderbird, & a news server, e.g., NewsGuy. You can set
Thunderbird to show only unread messages. Or lots of other options.

Bob

made mistake --I'm using Tbird---not Firefox---point me toward the
settings, please---Jerry

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When an isp dies the numbers get mucked up.
It was happening to me this past month as AT&T was starting to shut down
and others.

Shameful acts - none are rebating or lowing fees charged. Just a price hike.
Martin

Jerry Wass wrote:
I have 16,680 msgs every time I open his site. How can I delete 16,000
of them??

Windows XP, firefox, tds.net

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 09:40:33 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jerry Wass wrote:

I have 16,680 msgs every time I open his site. How can I delete 16,000
of them??

Windows XP, firefox, tds.net

That is the number of messages on the server you use if it never
changes. I currently have 526,921 messages back to june 2003, with only
708 unread. Of course Ed will call me a liar, as usual.

www.forteinc.com

A real newsreader...

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"