Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default USS New York

It's finished, will be commissioned Nov 7

Bow is made from WTC steel.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That's great Rick..........what is WTC steel? Can't find that in any of
metals books.
Steve

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
It's finished, will be commissioned Nov 7

Bow is made from WTC steel.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-06-15, Steve Lusardi wrote:
That's great Rick..........what is WTC steel? Can't find that in any of
metals books.

Steel from the remains of World Trade Center, I would suppose.

Steve

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
It's finished, will be commissioned Nov 7

Bow is made from WTC steel.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve Lusardi wrote:
That's great Rick..........what is WTC steel? Can't find that in any of
metals books.
Steve

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
It's finished, will be commissioned Nov 7

Bow is made from WTC steel.

The bow stem was made from recovered World Trade Center steel.

http://www.ussnewyork.com/ussny_construction.html

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 15, 12:02*am, "Rick Samuel"
wrote:
*It's finished, will be commissioned Nov 7

*Bow is made from WTC steel.

Slightly off the subject, but the web site of the USS NY reminded me:

I went to the Intrepid last week. I hadn't been there in about 4
years. I don't know what I was expecting, but after the multi-year,
multi-zillion dollar overhaul, I know I was expecting something more
than I got. The exhibits were mostly the same as they were last time.
There were a few more restored rooms, crew quarters and the like, but
there were far fewer hands-on exhibits. There was a simulator you had
to pay for, but not much else. The planes, while always a treat, were
pretty much the same as a few years back.

I dunno, the ship is so friggin huge, I was hoping for more of a
Smithsonian Air & Space experience.

But don't get me wrong, if you've never been there, it's most
definitely worth the trip.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
That's great Rick..........what is WTC steel? Can't find that in any of
metals books.
Steve

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
It's finished, will be commissioned Nov 7

Bow is made from WTC steel.

Sorry, correct World Trade Center

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
That's great Rick..........what is WTC steel? Can't find that in any of
metals books.
Steve

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
It's finished, will be commissioned Nov 7

Bow is made from WTC steel.

i wonder if the sailors on the USS New York are going to consider it an
honor or a jinx.

b.w.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"William Wixon" wrote in message

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
That's great Rick..........what is WTC steel? Can't find that in any of
metals books.
Steve

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
It's finished, will be commissioned Nov 7

Bow is made from WTC steel.

i wonder if the sailors on the USS New York are going to consider it an
honor or a jinx.

I was thinking the same thing.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,

On 2009-06-15, Steve Lusardi wrote:
That's great Rick..........what is WTC steel? Can't find that in any of
metals books.

Steel from the remains of World Trade Center, I would suppose.

Steve

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
It's finished, will be commissioned Nov 7

Bow is made from WTC steel.

Let's hope it has better luck than it did there.

God bless her and all who sail in her.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:01:11 -0400, John Husvar
wrote:

In article ,

On 2009-06-15, Steve Lusardi wrote:
That's great Rick..........what is WTC steel? Can't find that in any of
metals books.

Steel from the remains of World Trade Center, I would suppose.

Steve

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
It's finished, will be commissioned Nov 7

Bow is made from WTC steel.

Let's hope it has better luck than it did there.

God bless her and all who sail in her.

Hear Hear!!

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 06:51:50 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

i wonder if the sailors on the USS New York are going to consider it an
honor or a jinx.

I was thinking the same thing.

One hopes that after is came out of the mill, it had only a passing
resemblance to its original form and properties, so it's more Voodoo than
engineering...

Mark Rand
RTFM

york stone [email protected] UK diy 0 October 15th 07 12:41 PM
Trane vs. York! HELP!!!! [email protected] Home Repair 11 December 3rd 06 12:35 PM
Welding help new york Keith Carroll Metalworking 0 May 14th 05 05:32 AM