Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Followup -- How do you test a DC servo motor

Cydrome Leader wrote:

If you had kids, you would know that it is a great discovery, that
fascinates children at the age of two, or there abouts.

So you're on par with a 2 year old?

Tell us more about the commutators in brushless motors.

Do you find it to be great sport in taunting someone whose first language wasn't English?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

If you had kids, you would know that it is a great discovery, that
fascinates children at the age of two, or there abouts.

So you're on par with a 2 year old?

Tell us more about the commutators in brushless motors.

Do you find it to be great sport in taunting someone whose first
language wasn't English?

Language is not the issue here. Spewing garbage is.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cydrome Leader wrote:

Do you find it to be great sport in taunting someone whose first
language wasn't English?

Language is not the issue here. Spewing garbage is.

Outside of the political stuff that I try my best to ignore, Iggy generally has some
interesting content. Not that I'm innocent concerning politics. Sometimes I even agree
with him.

Iggy is willing to ask questions that some of us are too self conscious to ask ourselves.
Learn to lighten up, it is heart healthy.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-06-08, Wes wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Do you find it to be great sport in taunting someone whose first
language wasn't English?

Language is not the issue here. Spewing garbage is.

Outside of the political stuff that I try my best to ignore, Iggy generally has some
interesting content. Not that I'm innocent concerning politics. Sometimes I even agree
with him.

Iggy is willing to ask questions that some of us are too self conscious to ask ourselves.
Learn to lighten up, it is heart healthy.

I think that it would be fair to say that I goofed, at best, when I
called the controller a commutator. I did not realize that commutators
can only be mechanical. At the same time, I am glad that I know a lot
more about brushless motors now, than I did two days ago. Same about
servo motors.

This is not what I do on the job, so I do not feel any shame that I
know less about them than someone else. Pointing out that I know very
little about brushless motor controllers, aircraft control systems,
dough mixers, or any other thing that is outside of my area of
competence, cannot possibly embarrass me.

By the way, Wes, so far, you are winning in the Dow prediction
contest, so far. If I remember correctly, you predicted 9,000.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Do you find it to be great sport in taunting someone whose first
language wasn't English?

Language is not the issue here. Spewing garbage is.

Outside of the political stuff that I try my best to ignore, Iggy generally has some
interesting content. Not that I'm innocent concerning politics. Sometimes I even agree
with him.

Iggy is willing to ask questions that some of us are too self conscious to ask ourselves.
Learn to lighten up, it is heart healthy.

you were moaning about languages, not me. Learn to lighten up, it is heart
healthy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus15646 wrote:

By the way, Wes, so far, you are winning in the Dow prediction
contest, so far. If I remember correctly, you predicted 9,000.

I think everyone, including me, would be happier if Ben91932's prediction comes true. I'd
rather have Dow 10,300 instead of collecting a few Lincolns.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cydrome Leader wrote:

you were moaning about languages, not me. Learn to lighten up, it is heart
healthy.

And so is plonking!
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-06-08, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus15646 wrote:

By the way, Wes, so far, you are winning in the Dow prediction
contest, so far. If I remember correctly, you predicted 9,000.

I think everyone, including me, would be happier if Ben91932's
prediction comes true. I'd rather have Dow 10,300 instead of
collecting a few Lincolns.

I would rather have Dow 6,600, as I am quite away from retirement.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus27128 wrote:

I think everyone, including me, would be happier if Ben91932's
prediction comes true. I'd rather have Dow 10,300 instead of
collecting a few Lincolns.

I would rather have Dow 6,600, as I am quite away from retirement.

Oh, you are on the sidelines, I'm all in. Different perspective.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-06-08, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus27128 wrote:

I think everyone, including me, would be happier if Ben91932's
prediction comes true. I'd rather have Dow 10,300 instead of
collecting a few Lincolns.

I would rather have Dow 6,600, as I am quite away from retirement.

Oh, you are on the sidelines, I'm all in. Different perspective.

Wes, I am also all in. I would estimate that 87% of my money is in
stocks. Individual and mutual funds. But, I am a buyer of stocks, as I
am saving, and so I would prefer lower prices on what I am buying. I
look the same way at, say, steel prices, etc.