Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any idea what is this for

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-4723.jpg
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus14389 fired this volley
in :

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-4723.jpg

You didn't include a scale, but it looks like a tire patch buffer wheel.

Used to rough up the inside of a tire for a boot, or a tube for a patch.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-4723.jpg

You didn't include a scale, but it looks like a tire patch buffer wheel.

Used to rough up the inside of a tire for a boot, or a tube for a patch.

LLoyd

That's what it looks like to me, as well. Been awhile since seeing
one.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 07:02:59 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus14389
scrawled the following:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-4723.jpg

It's 4 or 4-1/2" in diameter, right? It's for carving/grinding,
probably on wood or plastic. (If it's smaller, it may fit a Merlin
grinder from King Arthur Tools.)

Is it carbide chips painted a copper color, or is that poorly-exposed
red? It's similar to a Kutzall disc I have (the silver one below.)

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=926

---
So far Mr. Obama has used his personally exciting presidency for initiatives
that are spending public money on a scale not seen since ancient Egypt.
-- Daniel Henninger
WSJ Online, 4 June 2009
"Obama's America: Too Fat to Fail
The age of the induced industrial coma."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus14389" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-4723.jpg

Tire patch buffing wheel.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks guys... This is for sure "it"...

On 2009-06-04, Tim wrote:

"Ignoramus14389" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-4723.jpg

Tire patch buffing wheel.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus14389" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-4723.jpg

Hemorrhoid remover.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus14389 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-4723.jpg

Tire buffer cup. Used on a low speed tool to buff the inner liner of a
tire to attach a tire patch.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote:

Ignoramus14389 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-4723.jpg

Tire buffer cup. Used on a low speed tool to buff the inner liner of a
tire to attach a tire patch.

--
Steve W.

That would explain the 25,000 RPM limit...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:28:18 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:
"Steve W." wrote:
Ignoramus14389 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-4723.jpg

Tire buffer cup. Used on a low speed tool to buff the inner liner of a
tire to attach a tire patch.

That would explain the 25,000 RPM limit...

If you were to use it on wood or tile/ceramics you might be able to
get it to do useful work at 25,000.

On a rubber tire liner (which is where I usually see this style of
cup rasp used) a much lower top speed would be effective.

And consider that the limit was placed on the cutter by the lawyers.

If they don't put any limit on it, some inDUHvidual is going to say
"Get the laser tachometer, Hold my beer, and lets see how fast we can
spin this puppy before it grenades and kills Kenny..."

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

If they don't put any limit on it, some inDUHvidual is going to say
"Get the laser tachometer, Hold my beer, and lets see how fast we can
spin this puppy before it grenades and kills Kenny..."

Kenny gets killed way too often.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 20:26:16 -0400, Wes wrote:

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

If they don't put any limit on it, some inDUHvidual is going to say
"Get the laser tachometer, Hold my beer, and lets see how fast we can
spin this puppy before it grenades and kills Kenny..."

Kenny gets killed way too often.

(I was wondering if anyone was paying attention - Okay, that's at
least one...)

-- Bruce --

Water Heater Flushing: Good idea or bad idea? VQ Home Repair 16 November 20th 17 04:14 AM
Lowering Lathe Speeds With A Rheostadt. OK idea? Bad idea? KIMOSABE Woodworking 7 February 19th 09 05:30 PM
Good Idea - Bad Idea Carl Metalworking 0 December 16th 08 04:56 PM
Brilliant Idea or Dumb Idea charlie b Woodturning 10 September 24th 06 03:18 PM
Win-win idea Alwen Home Repair 2 December 7th 05 07:15 PM