Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default forteinc news feed users, is it slow tonight

Simple question, forte's resell of easynews doesn't seem to be working. I see my posts in
groupgoogle but not via my feed. Anyone else having this issue?

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Simple question, forte's resell of easynews doesn't seem to be
working. I see my posts in groupgoogle but not via my feed. Anyone
else having this issue?

Wes

Interesting that you should post this right now . I'm about to jump from
AT&T to Comcast , and will be needing a newsserver . Forte was one I was
considering ... are you hooked to the 3 bucks a month one ?
--
Snag
every answer

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I believe you're correct, Wes. Just today, I saw a big change that involved
posts showing up as new ones, that I had already deleted, missing posts that
were here yesterday, and posts that I'd already read being shown as
new-unread posts.

I just attributed it to hack/spitWindowssucks they-call-it-mail-now doing
more stuff that wasn't expected.

I have the $3/month service (for over year, IIRC), which normally functions
well.

As a backup/plan B, I've been saving a shortcut to a Goog search for
messages by me, so I can check back to see if I've missed any helpful
replies. I've been making the shortcuts for each month, April 1 to April 30
(for example), as one shortcut, then another for May, etc.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Wes" wrote in message
Simple question, forte's resell of easynews doesn't seem to be working. I
see my posts in
groupgoogle but not via my feed. Anyone else having this issue?

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-05-28, Terry Coombs wrote:
Wes wrote:
Simple question, forte's resell of easynews doesn't seem to be
working. I see my posts in groupgoogle but not via my feed. Anyone
else having this issue?

Wes

Interesting that you should post this right now . I'm about to jump from
AT&T to Comcast , and will be needing a newsserver . Forte was one I was
considering ... are you hooked to the 3 bucks a month one ?

You might consider an independent one. I'm using newsguy.com.
Contact them at www.newsguy.com and sign up -- if you like what they
offer. I like them because (among other things) I can use my own choice
of newsreader. You can either connect to their news server with your
own newsreader, or use their web-based news interface. I've only tried
the former, but both are available -- and they work hard at killing spam.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 28 May 2009 17:49:23 -0500, the infamous "Terry Coombs"
scrawled the following:

Wes wrote:
Simple question, forte's resell of easynews doesn't seem to be
working. I see my posts in groupgoogle but not via my feed. Anyone
else having this issue?

Wes

Interesting that you should post this right now . I'm about to jump from
AT&T to Comcast , and will be needing a newsserver . Forte was one I was
considering ... are you hooked to the 3 bucks a month one ?

Wes, I just received 4 days worth of usenet through Agent Premium News
this morning, 160 messages (I filter a LOT.) It had never been off
for me, but then I got this large lump of 'em. Very strange.

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Wes, I just received 4 days worth of usenet through Agent Premium News
this morning, 160 messages (I filter a LOT.) It had never been off
for me, but then I got this large lump of 'em. Very strange.

I noticed the day before was really lite on messages. Then I got a bunch in the morning
followed by delayed posting.

Hard to banter back and forth with hours long latency.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 29, 4:25*pm, Wes wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
Wes, I just received 4 days worth of usenet through Agent Premium News
this morning, 160 messages (I filter a LOT.) *It had never been off
for me, but then I got this large lump of 'em. *Very strange.

I noticed the day before was really lite on messages. *Then I got a bunch in the morning
followed by delayed posting.

Hard to banter back and forth with hours long latency.

Wes

National holidays are usually work days for the network guys, hardware
changes and moves are usually done over the long weekends and the rest
of the week is taken up with fixing what got screwed up. One of my
news services just moved servers from one state to another and I
noticed a lot of login failures and generally sluggish performance.
The current Agent allows more than one service, so it automatically
fails over to the other service, if desired.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 29 May 2009 18:25:06 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Wes, I just received 4 days worth of usenet through Agent Premium News
this morning, 160 messages (I filter a LOT.) It had never been off
for me, but then I got this large lump of 'em. Very strange.

I noticed the day before was really lite on messages. Then I got a bunch in the morning
followed by delayed posting.

Hard to banter back and forth with hours long latency.

Yes, it is. But I've been so busy the past several weeks, I haven't
had time to notice that. My credit cards are all zeroed now and it's
becoming hell to work in the afternoons. I pulled a stump today. Well,
I would have, but the taproot was larger than the trunk of the tree
which I took down. I cut it off below ground and topped it with dirt.
The little maple stump I took down to 2" just wrapped my neighbor's
(borrowed) mower blade around it, so it's coming down below-grade
tomorrow, too. Her stops were just 1/2" lower than mine, so where mine
rode over it, hers caught it and took a 4x4x12" chunk out as it warped
into a pretzel. Pipe wrenches and mechanic's vises weren't quite
successful, so I paid $13 for a new blade.

-