Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Titanium plated, solid oak drill presses

Some guy asked if I have drill presses for sale. I said that I have
three titanium plated drill presses made from solid oak, $1,800
each. He returned my email and said that he wants to buy three of
them.

This is a shipping scam, whereby he will want me to wire money back to
him via Western Union as a "shipping fee".

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus21710" wrote: (clip) This is a shipping scam, whereby he will
want me to wire money back to
him via Western Union as a "shipping fee". (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That does't compute. He knows that he will be charged for shipping. More
likely, he plans to send you a bogus check for more than the correct amount,
and will ask you to send him the difference.

BTW, how much do solid oak, titanium plated drill presses REALLY cost?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus21710 wrote:

(...)

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

And sadder that some people feel they have no other option than to scam.

--Winston

--

Don't *faff*, dear.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
Ignoramus21710 wrote:

(...)

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

And sadder that some people feel they have no other option than to scam.

more like No more *easier* option

I mean, they have regular access to a PC with internet service.
How destitute can they be?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 28, 3:21*pm, RB wrote:
Winston wrote:
Ignoramus21710 wrote:

(...)

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

And sadder that some people feel they have no other option than to scam..

more like No more *easier* option

I mean, they have regular access to a PC with internet service.
How destitute can they be?

You can get free access at any public library around here.
So, they MAY be very destitute.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus21710" wrote in message
news
Some guy asked if I have drill presses for sale. I said that I have
three titanium plated drill presses made from solid oak, $1,800
each. He returned my email and said that he wants to buy three of
them.

This is a shipping scam, whereby he will want me to wire money back to
him via Western Union as a "shipping fee".

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

I keep getting RFQs for @$2,000 orders that will be "picked-up". The RFQs
all have the same wording but different customer names. I don't know how
the scam works yet but it smells.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:
On May 28, 3:21 pm, RB wrote:
Winston wrote:
Ignoramus21710 wrote:
(...)
It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.
And sadder that some people feel they have no other option than to scam.

more like No more *easier* option

I mean, they have regular access to a PC with internet service.
How destitute can they be?

You can get free access at any public library around here.
So, they MAY be very destitute.

In Nigeria????

All those scam- well, 90% - are from Nigerians.
there was a big scam last year by a Kenyan, but that was an exception.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-05-28, Buerste wrote:
I keep getting RFQs for @$2,000 orders that will be "picked-up". The RFQs
all have the same wording but different customer names. I don't know how
the scam works yet but it smells.

The way it works is that they send you a bogus payment, and you send
them money.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus21710 wrote:

Some guy asked if I have drill presses for sale. I said that I have
three titanium plated drill presses made from solid oak, $1,800
each. He returned my email and said that he wants to buy three of
them.

This is a shipping scam, whereby he will want me to wire money back to
him via Western Union as a "shipping fee".

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

Damn, you are such a success you got noticed.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 28 May 2009 12:39:39 -0500, Ignoramus21710
wrote:

Some guy asked if I have drill presses for sale. I said that I have
three titanium plated drill presses made from solid oak, $1,800
each. He returned my email and said that he wants to buy three of
them.

This is a shipping scam, whereby he will want me to wire money back to
him via Western Union as a "shipping fee".

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

Do these oak drillpresses have woodchucks?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 28, 7:39*am, Ignoramus21710 ignoramus21...@NOSPAM.
21710.invalid wrote:
Some guy asked if I have drill presses for sale. I said that I have
three titanium plated drill presses made from solid oak, $1,800
each. He returned my email and said that he wants to buy three of
them.

This is a shipping scam, whereby he will want me to wire money back to
him via Western Union as a "shipping fee".

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

My brother's selling a $125 bicycle on Craig's List and he got asked
to ship it across the country. A check for more than the amount
necessary would be sent and he should mail back the extra money with a
bit for his trouble.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 28, 12:39*pm, Ignoramus21710 ignoramus21...@NOSPAM.
21710.invalid wrote:
Some guy asked if I have drill presses for sale. I said that I have
three titanium plated drill presses made from solid oak, $1,800
each. He returned my email and said that he wants to buy three of
them.

This is a shipping scam, whereby he will want me to wire money back to
him via Western Union as a "shipping fee".

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

Ig...it is obvious that you are asking too little for these unique
drill presses. ;)

If you have time to burn, tell the prospective buyer that you have had
better offers now and start a bidding war to see how high the scammer
will go before he tries of the game.

Time is money for these guys...every minute you waste of his time
prevents him from scamming the next guy down the line.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

21710.invalid wrote:
Some guy asked if I have drill presses for sale. I said that I have
three titanium plated drill presses made from solid oak, $1,800
each. He returned my email and said that he wants to buy three of
them.

This is a shipping scam, whereby he will want me to wire money back to
him via Western Union as a "shipping fee".

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

My brother's selling a $125 bicycle on Craig's List and he got asked
to ship it across the country. A check for more than the amount
necessary would be sent and he should mail back the extra money with a
bit for his trouble.
Karl

so say yes, then do nothing with the check. have fun.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cydrome Leader" wrote: so say yes, then do nothing with the check. have
fun.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Or show the check to the Postmaster. Using the mails to defraud, you know.
Is this guy actually dumb enough to include an address?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-05-29, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Cydrome Leader" wrote: so say yes, then do nothing with the check. have
fun.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Or show the check to the Postmaster. Using the mails to defraud, you know.
Is this guy actually dumb enough to include an address?

The scammers who sent such checks to me, used Fedex, due to postal
fraud laws.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 28, 5:24*pm, "Buerste" wrote:
"Ignoramus21710" wrote in message

news
Some guy asked if I have drill presses for sale. I said that I have
three titanium plated drill presses made from solid oak, $1,800
each. He returned my email and said that he wants to buy three of
them.

This is a shipping scam, whereby he will want me to wire money back to
him via Western Union as a "shipping fee".

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

I keep getting RFQs for @$2,000 orders that will be "picked-up". *The RFQs
all have the same wording but different customer names. *I don't know how
the scam works yet but it smells.

I don't know this is a kind of scam, a couple months ago, I ordered an
used CNC book from an Amazon.ca's aftermarket seller. I paid him about
$100.00 plus shipping. After three weeks, the guy still did not send
me the book and not answered my emails. Lucky I got all money back
from Amazon's A-Z guaranty.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Cydrome Leader" wrote: so say yes, then do nothing with the check. have
fun.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Or show the check to the Postmaster. Using the mails to defraud, you know.
Is this guy actually dumb enough to include an address?

like the postmaster cares.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-05-29, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Cydrome Leader" wrote: so say yes, then do nothing with the check. have
fun.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Or show the check to the Postmaster. Using the mails to defraud, you know.
Is this guy actually dumb enough to include an address?

The scammers who sent such checks to me, used Fedex, due to postal
fraud laws.

excellent, fedex costs way more the the postal service.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-05-29, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Cydrome Leader" wrote: so say yes, then do nothing with the check. have
fun.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Or show the check to the Postmaster. Using the mails to defraud, you know.
Is this guy actually dumb enough to include an address?

The scammers who sent such checks to me, used Fedex, due to postal
fraud laws.

excellent, fedex costs way more the the postal service.

Great point. I had three such checks sent to me.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

TMT sez:

"If you have time to burn, tell the prospective buyer that you have had
better offers now and start a bidding war to see how high the scammer
will go before he tries of the game.

Time is money for these guys...every minute you waste of his time
prevents him from scamming the next guy down the line."

Good plan. I usually sic them on to a buddy of mine in another city - particularly the Kenyan and
Nigerian scammers. My bud doesn't seem to mind though. Oh Wait ! I haven't heard from him in
quite a while, come to think of it.

Bob Swinney

21710.invalid wrote:
Some guy asked if I have drill presses for sale. I said that I have
three titanium plated drill presses made from solid oak, $1,800
each. He returned my email and said that he wants to buy three of
them.

This is a shipping scam, whereby he will want me to wire money back to
him via Western Union as a "shipping fee".

It is kind of sad that so many people do not even have a concept of
what is a drill press.

Ig...it is obvious that you are asking too little for these unique
drill presses. ;)

TMT

Speaking of Drill Presses Bob La Londe Metalworking 6 December 30th 08 07:42 PM
drill presses Max Woodworking 23 November 13th 06 05:27 PM
Oscillating Drill Presses BT98 Woodworking 0 May 21st 06 02:46 PM
drill presses anyone? William B Noble (don't reply to this address) Metalworking 0 March 11th 06 06:19 PM
General Drill Presses Upscale Woodworking 4 August 27th 03 06:02 AM