DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - Hey TMT, where's my change? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/278969-ot-hey-tmt-wheres-my-change.html)

RogerN May 25th 09 12:04 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

I thought it was funny I was listening to a radio program yesterday and they
were listing all kinds of Bush policies that Obama was going to change. I
can't remember all the policies but included the war on terror in Iraq and
sending more troops to Afghanistan, there were quite a few others, most are
in the news. The bottom line is Obama changed so much his campaigned change
to Bush policy that it sounded more like another term of Bush.

RogerN

Gunner Asch[_4_] May 25th 09 01:03 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On Sun, 24 May 2009 18:04:26 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

I thought it was funny I was listening to a radio program yesterday and they
were listing all kinds of Bush policies that Obama was going to change. I
can't remember all the policies but included the war on terror in Iraq and
sending more troops to Afghanistan, there were quite a few others, most are
in the news. The bottom line is Obama changed so much his campaigned change
to Bush policy that it sounded more like another term of Bush.

RogerN

You noticed that too?

Seems the Leftists havent yet.

But they will.

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Ignoramus24299 May 25th 09 01:39 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On 2009-05-24, RogerN wrote:

I thought it was funny I was listening to a radio program yesterday and they
were listing all kinds of Bush policies that Obama was going to change. I
can't remember all the policies but included the war on terror in Iraq and
sending more troops to Afghanistan, there were quite a few others, most are
in the news. The bottom line is Obama changed so much his campaigned change
to Bush policy that it sounded more like another term of Bush.

This is Karl Rove's idea that he published in a Wall Street Journal
editorial recently. It was an interesting read. My final conclusion is
that the changes in Obama administration, wrt foreign policy, do not
amount to as much as Karl Rove makes it sound.

SteveB[_10_] May 25th 09 03:52 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

"RogerN" wrote in message

I thought it was funny I was listening to a radio program yesterday and
they were listing all kinds of Bush policies that Obama was going to
change. I can't remember all the policies but included the war on terror
in Iraq and sending more troops to Afghanistan, there were quite a few
others, most are in the news. The bottom line is Obama changed so much
his campaigned change to Bush policy that it sounded more like another
term of Bush.

RogerN

I'm still waiting for the follow up on the lady who was shrieking that Obama
was going to put gas in her car and make her mortgage payments. Where is
she now?

Hawke[_2_] May 25th 09 05:33 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

I thought it was funny I was listening to a radio program yesterday and

they
were listing all kinds of Bush policies that Obama was going to change.

can't remember all the policies but included the war on terror in Iraq

and
sending more troops to Afghanistan, there were quite a few others, most

are
in the news. The bottom line is Obama changed so much his campaigned

change
to Bush policy that it sounded more like another term of Bush.

This is Karl Rove's idea that he published in a Wall Street Journal
editorial recently. It was an interesting read. My final conclusion is
that the changes in Obama administration, wrt foreign policy, do not
amount to as much as Karl Rove makes it sound.

No matter how republicans want to spin it the difference between Obama and
Bush is like night and day. While he isn't changing ALL of Bush's policies
100% he is changing things radically from the way Bush did them. It may seem
that the changes are less in the area of foreign policy but that is to be
expected. U.S. foreign policy is very stable and doesn't change greatly no
matter who is the president. You just have to be aware that the changes
Obama is making are very different from what Bush did. It may not show up
immediately but give it a year or two and you will see the impact of Obama's
different way of running the country. On the other hand, the real
differences between Democrats and republicans are not that great. It is
really a matter of degree rather than having completely different
philosophies. On the major issues the parties are in substantial agreement,
which is why America is probably the most stable country in the world.

Hawke

RangersSuck May 25th 09 11:55 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 24, 8:03*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 24 May 2009 18:04:26 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

I thought it was funny I was listening to a radio program yesterday and they
were listing all kinds of Bush policies that Obama was going to change. *I
can't remember all the policies but included the war on terror in Iraq and
sending more troops to Afghanistan, there were quite a few others, most are
in the news. *The bottom line is Obama changed so much his campaigned change
to Bush policy that it sounded more like another term of Bush.

RogerN

You noticed that too?

Seems the Leftists havent yet.

But they will.

Gunner

OK, So let's get this straight: According to you, Obama is not much of
a change from Bush, AND Obama is ruining the country.

Am I reading you correctly?

Gunner Asch[_4_] May 25th 09 09:32 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On Mon, 25 May 2009 03:55:20 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

[...]

Nope.

Nice try though. Keep up the good work and someday you may even make a
single accurate statement and we can all toast you.

RogerN May 26th 09 12:50 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

/
/OK, So let's get this straight: According to you, Obama is not much of
/a change from Bush, AND Obama is ruining the country.
/
/Am I reading you correctly?
/

Obama's quite a bit of change but many of the policies that the Democrats
condemned Bush for, Obama campaigned to change. Many of those policies
Obama campaigned to change, he's not changing. The change is that when a
Democrat does it, it's OK.

RogerN

RB[_2_] May 26th 09 10:19 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

Hawke wrote:

No matter how republicans want to spin it the difference between Obama and
Bush is like night and day.

Let me guess: Obama represents night, Bush is day?

It may not show up
immediately but give it a year or two and you will see the impact of Obama's
different way of running the country.

that's what we are worried about.
We just hope the damage is reversible

Too_Many_Tools May 27th 09 02:02 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 24, 6:04*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
I thought it was funny I was listening to a radio program yesterday and they
were listing all kinds of Bush policies that Obama was going to change. *I
can't remember all the policies but included the war on terror in Iraq and
sending more troops to Afghanistan, there were quite a few others, most are
in the news. *The bottom line is Obama changed so much his campaigned change
to Bush policy that it sounded more like another term of Bush.

RogerN

LOL...I was wondering where you had crawled off to.

Still a sore loser I see.

Ever had to clean up after an idiot?

Obama is doing just that.

Sounds like you are in favor of the Taliban getting nukes.

Friends of yours?

And then there is that small detail that Osama Bin Forgotten is still
running around.

And then we have North Korea playing with their own nukes.

You know small details like that...the ones that Bush didn't have time
for as he and his friends robbed the United States blind.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools May 27th 09 02:03 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 25, 5:55*am, rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

ROTFLMAO

Now you did it. ;)

TMT

Too_Many_Tools May 27th 09 02:04 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

wrote:
[...]

As Gunner tries to rewrite history.....

Laugh...laugh...laugh...

TMT

Michael A. Terrell May 27th 09 04:45 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

SteveB wrote:

"RogerN" wrote in message

I thought it was funny I was listening to a radio program yesterday and
they were listing all kinds of Bush policies that Obama was going to
change. I can't remember all the policies but included the war on terror
in Iraq and sending more troops to Afghanistan, there were quite a few
others, most are in the news. The bottom line is Obama changed so much
his campaigned change to Bush policy that it sounded more like another
term of Bush.

RogerN

I'm still waiting for the follow up on the lady who was shrieking that Obama
was going to put gas in her car and make her mortgage payments. Where is
she now?

Homeless, and on getting around, foot.

RogerN May 27th 09 10:53 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On May 24, 6:04 pm, "RogerN" wrote:
I thought it was funny I was listening to a radio program yesterday and
they
were listing all kinds of Bush policies that Obama was going to change. I
can't remember all the policies but included the war on terror in Iraq and
sending more troops to Afghanistan, there were quite a few others, most
are
in the news. The bottom line is Obama changed so much his campaigned
change
to Bush policy that it sounded more like another term of Bush.

RogerN

/
/LOL...I was wondering where you had crawled off to.
/
/Still a sore loser I see.
/
/Ever had to clean up after an idiot?

You can clean your own shop :-)

/Obama is doing just that.
/
/Sounds like you are in favor of the Taliban getting nukes.
/
/Friends of yours?

No, I think Obama did the right thing, he didn't do the Obama thing, he did
the Bush thing!

/
/And then there is that small detail that Osama Bin Forgotten is still
/running around.
/
/And then we have North Korea playing with their own nukes.
/
/You know small details like that...the ones that Bush didn't have time
/for as he and his friends robbed the United States blind.
/
/
/TMT
/

So are you saying you would have been for Bush going after North Korea?

RogerN

Too_Many_Tools May 28th 09 04:02 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 27, 4:53*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On May 24, 6:04 pm, "RogerN" wrote: I thought it was funny I was listening to a radio program yesterday and
[...]

I would have been in favor of Bush encouraging a world effort to
contain the North Korea nuclear threat.

He did not.

An opportunity lost.

The world is more dangerous because of that opportunity lost.

TMT

RogerN May 30th 09 02:34 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 27, 4:53 pm, "RogerN" wrote:
[...]

But instead of getting on it right away and correcting Bush's mistake, Obama
was too busy worrying about funding overseas abortions. Liberal priorities!

RogerN

Too_Many_Tools May 30th 09 06:21 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 27, 4:53 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

[...]

LOL...another Republican who expects Obama to fix eight years of
mistakes in 100 days.

Well at least you admit that Bush made a grave mistake.

So Roger how is that stem research going? ;)

TMT

RogerN May 30th 09 07:16 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 27, 4:53 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

[...]

Stem cell research isn't going so well, I'm using stem cells from Democrats
and all I grow are asses! Oh well, you know what they say, garbage in ...
On one of the test rats I grew a huge tumor that looks identical to Hillary,
we had to put it out of its and our misery!

RogerN

Hawke[_2_] May 31st 09 07:16 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

[...]

Don't you know that the wingers always expect so much more from Democratic
presidents than they do from their own? Roger thinks Obama should have
repaired all the damage Bush caused in his first 100 days in office. He also
expects him to solve all America's problems in six months. When this turns
out to be impossible it provides him with "proof" that Obama is a lousy
president. On the other hand, getting him to admit that a republican
president is lousy is a nearly impossible task. It's the winger way.

Hawke

RogerN May 31st 09 07:50 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

"Hawke" wrote in message
[...]

I don't expect Obama to have anything straightened around anytime soon. I
just noticed TMT is saying that Bush should have done something about the
North Korean nuclear threat but I didn't notice Obama doing much about it.
It seems he was more concerned about increasing the funding to Planned
Parenthood than he was about any nuclear threats.

If Bush's wars on terror are a mistake then why is Obama reversing his
campaign promises and continuing Bush policy?

RogerN

Too_Many_Tools May 31st 09 11:41 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 31, 1:50*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

No Roger...Hawke is right.

Now on a subject you seem to favor, I see a doctor was shot in his
church today...do you condone this incident?

TMT

RogerN June 1st 09 02:58 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On May 31, 1:50 pm, "RogerN" wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

snip
I don't expect Obama to have anything straightened around anytime soon. I
just noticed TMT is saying that Bush should have done something about the
North Korean nuclear threat but I didn't notice Obama doing much about it.
It seems he was more concerned about increasing the funding to Planned
Parenthood than he was about any nuclear threats.

If Bush's wars on terror are a mistake then why is Obama reversing his
campaign promises and continuing Bush policy?

RogerN

/
/No Roger...Hawke is right.
/
/Now on a subject you seem to favor, I see a doctor was shot in his
/church today...do you condone this incident?
/
/TMT

Just another late term abortion. I don't condone the murder of innocent
babies but the murderer of the innocent babies got murdered. He got done
unto him as he did unto many others.

RogerN

RangersSuck June 1st 09 03:13 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 31, 9:58*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On May 31, 1:50 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip
[...]

How would you apply the law to the murderer? What the doctor did was
completely legal according to local, state and federal law. What his
murderer did was not. You may disagree with the laws, but that does
NOT give you a right to operate outside of them.

Eregon[_4_] June 1st 09 05:43 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

rangerssuck wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

You may disagree with the laws, but that does
NOT give you a right to operate outside of them.

Why not?

The gummint does!

--
I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.

Too_Many_Tools June 1st 09 05:49 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 31, 8:58*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On May 31, 1:50 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip
[...]

So you condone the cold blooded murder of innocent people in church.

Thought so.

Looks like someone isn't the religious one he thought he was.

TMT

RogerN June 1st 09 11:53 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 31, 8:58 pm, "RogerN" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On May 31, 1:50 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip
[...]

I never condoned late term abortions of Dr. Tiller or the babies he
butchered. The doctors killer didn't do anything to help eliminate the need
for abortions, he just eliminated one choice. Sort of like closing one
Wal-Mart, people could just go to another, except you don't need an abortion
as often as you need to shop so people would be more willing to travel a
little to get an abortion.

If a Christian wants to help cure the abortion problem, he has to change
peoples hearts through loving and helping them(like Jesus said). Who would
hate Christians if they were dedicated to give themselves to help those in
need? You don't overcome evil with evil, you overcome evil with good.

RogerN

Too_Many_Tools June 1st 09 09:12 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 31, 8:58 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On May 31, 1:50 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip
I don't expect Obama to have anything straightened around anytime soon.

RogerN June 2nd 09 12:01 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 31, 8:58 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On May 31, 1:50 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip
[...]

/So Roger...you turn out to be just another damn Bible thrumper making
/excuses to escape personal responsibly.
/
/I don't buy them and nor will Jesus.
/
/What ever happened to accepting responsibility for your
/actions...something that Religious Right conservatives..aka the
/American Taliban...NEVER practice..
/
/You just condoned the domestic terrorist act that this senseless
/killing is and now you are trying to deny it.
/
/And it occurred in a house of worship...the ultimate irony considering
/the values of the Religious Right.
/
/That is why the American public wants and will continue to insist on
/PRO-CHOICE...so they can make their own decisions without interference
/from the ANTI-CHOICE crazies like you.
/
/TMT

OK, Too Many Tumors, if I need to know anything else about what I believe
I'll just ask you and flush what you say down the toilet.

As you say, what ever happened to accepting responsibility for your own
action? Dr. Tiller killed babies and Dr. Tiller got killed. There were
only three doctors in the US that sunk low enough to butcher humans as Dr
Tiller did but you want to defend him? You mention me condoning senseless
killing but you condone late term abortion? Give the ******* $5000 and
he'll butcher your baby. I hope the babies he killed are in Heaven roasting
marshmallows over the fires of Hell as Dr Tiller screams in excruciating
pain that will never lessen and never end!

RogerN

Ed Huntress June 2nd 09 02:43 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

m...

On May 31, 8:58 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On May 31, 1:50 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip
[...]

Who are the other two, Roger?

--
Ed Huntress

Too_Many_Tools June 2nd 09 02:49 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On May 31, 8:58 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On May 31, 1:50 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip
[...]

Hey Roger...someone is looking for you and your kind.

TMT

Police begining probe of abortion doctor's murder
Stan Finger and Joe Rodriguez | Wichita Eagle

last updated: June 01, 2009 05:20:04 PM

WICHITA — The angry reaction from both sides of the abortion debate
that exploded onto the Internet in the aftermath of the murder Sunday
of one of the few doctors in the United States willing to perform
late-
term abortions has drawn the attention of police who are trying to
understand if George Tiller's killer acted alone.

Tom Stolz, the deputy chief of the Wichita police department, said
investigators will look into the Internet comments because the
discussion could bear on public safety. He didn't elaborate further.

Statements from both supporters and opponents to abortion were highly
charged.

"George Tiller was a mass-murderer," Randall Terry, the founder of the
anti-abortion group Operation Rescue, said in a statement. "We grieve
for him that he did not have time to properly prepare his soul to face
God."

National Organization for Women president Kim Gandy said: "The cold-
blooded murder of Dr. George Tiller this morning in church is a stark
reminder that women's bodies are still a battleground, and health care
professionals are on the frontlines."

President Obama expressed anger at the shooting. "I am shocked and
outraged by the murder of Dr. George Tiller as he attended church
services this morning. However profound our differences as Americans
over difficult issues such as abortion, they cannot be resolved by
heinous acts of violence."

Police identified the 51-year-old man arrested in the shooting as
Scott P. Roeder of suburban Kansas City. Stolz said police will
"investigate this suspect to the Nth degree, his history, his family,
his associates, and we're just in the beginning stages of that."

Tiller had long been a focal point of protests by abortion opponents
because his clinic, Women's Health Care Services, 5107 E. Kellogg, is
one of three in the country where late-term abortions are performed.

He was shot and wounded in both arms at his clinic in 1993.

Tiller, 67, was shot once just after 10 a.m. as he stood in the lobby
of Reformation Lutheran Church, 7601 E. 13th, where he was a member of
the congregation.

Wichita police said that the suspect was arrested without incident on
I-35 in Johnson County in suburban Kansas City about three hours after
the shooting following a statewide broadcast description of the
suspect and the car he was driving.

Wichita police said it appeared the suspect acted alone and that they
are investigating whether he had any connection to anti-abortion
groups.

Police said they expect the man to face a charge of murder and two
counts of aggravated battery. Charges may be filed as eearly as
Monday.

In a news conference at Wichita City Hall, Deputy Chief Tom Stolz said
police will "investigate this suspect to the Nth degree, his history,
his family, his associates, and we're just in the beginning stages of
that."

Tiller had long been a focal point of protests by abortion opponents
because his clinic, Women's Health Care Services, 5107 E. Kellogg, is
one of three in the country where late-term abortions are performed.

He was shot and wounded in both arms at his clinic in 1993.

According to police and other sources, here is what happened:

For the 10 a.m. service, Tiller was serving as an usher at the church,
one of six ushers listed in the church bulletin. He was handing out
bulletins to people going into the sanctuary minutes before being
shot.

At 10:03, Tiller was one of about six to 12 people in the foyer,
outside the sanctuary. His wife was at the church.

A man armed with a handgun shot Tiller once, according to the
preliminary investigation.

Three to four people saw the shooting.

Two men confronted the suspect and exchanged words with him, but
police would not say what.

"They were both threatened, and the gun was pointed at them," Stolz
said.

That is why the suspect could face the aggravated assault charges,
Stolz said.

Within minutes, paramedics arrived and pronounced Tiller dead at the
scene.

Officers arrived and immediately started interviewing witnesses.

Police obtained the suspect's description, the vehicle license tag,
and vehicle description -- a powder blue 1993 Ford Taurus -- and
broadcast it and the tag number to law enforcement agencies throughout
the state. The car was registered to Scott Roeder of Merriam in
Johnson County.

Police also obtained a photo of the suspect, who has a criminal
record. Officers began checking motels and other places for the
suspect.

Before the shooting, the church was "packed," said Shirley King, one
of the congregants. New members were joining. A baptism was on the
agenda.

When King heard a "pop" sound, she thought it was special effects from
the percussionist. Some people glanced toward the rear of the church,
curious.

Tiller's wife, Jeanne, was sitting with the choir downstairs, King
said. An usher came, and motioned for Jeanne Tiller to come with him.

"The rest of us were listening to the prelude, but then came the
piercing screams of a woman who obviously had witnessed a horrible
sight," King wrote in an e-mail.

"A few people immediately jumped up, but quickly one of our church
leaders said, 'Everyone please be seated. Please remain calm. We have
had an incident and we are taking care of it. Remain in your seat.' "

Adam Watkins, a 20-year-old who said he has attended the church his
entire life, said he was sitting in the middle of the congregation
when he heard the "pop."

"We just thought a child had come in with a balloon and it had popped,
had gone up and hit the ceiling and popped," Watkins said.

Once they learned of the shooting, Watkins said:

"We were just really shocked. We were kind of dumbfounded. We couldn't
really believe it had happened."

The suspect's car was spotted shortly before 2 p.m. just south of
Gardner by two Johnson County Sheriff's deputies -- Andy Lento and
Tyson Kilbey. The sheriff's office had suspected that the man would be
coming back to his home on I-35 and Kilbey and Lento waited for him.

As the car went north, Lento and Kilbey followed and were quickly
joined by three other sheriff's patrol cars.

Lt. Mike Pfannenstiel of the sheriff's office said officers pulled the
car over just south of the main Gardner exit and got out with guns
drawn. The man then got out of his car with his hands up.

"We took him down without incident," Pfannenstiel said, adding that
the man appeared to be driving the speed limit and made no attempt to
elude the deputies.

At the 4 p.m. news conference, Stolz said authorities were bringing
the suspect to Wichita.

He said that police expect to present the case to the Sedgwick County
District Attorney's Office on Monday.

At 7 p.m., a vigil service was held at Reformation.

Tiller's family issued a statement through Wichita lawyers Dan Monnat
and Lee Thompson:

"Today we mourn the loss of our husband, father and grandfather.
Today's event is an unspeakable tragedy for all of us and for George's
friends and patients.

"This is particularly heart wrenching because George was shot down in
his house of worship, a place of peace."

Mickey Cohlmia, a member of the neighboring St. George Orthodox
Christian Cathedral, said: "It is absolutely disheartening....I think
it shows where our world is today.... There is no safe place."

The anti-abortion group Operation Rescue, in a statement on its Web
site, said:

"We are shocked at (Sunday) morning's disturbing news that Mr. Tiller
was gunned down. Operation Rescue has worked for years through
peaceful, legal means, and through the proper channels to see him
brought to justice. We denounce vigilantism and the cowardly act that
took place this morning. We pray for Mr. Tiller's family that they
will find comfort and healing that can only be found in Jesus Christ."

Former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline, who conducted an
investigation into Tiller, said in a statement he was "stunned by this
lawless and violent act which must be condemned and should be met with
the full force of law. We join in lifting prayer that God's grace and
presence rest with Dr. Tiller's family and friends."

Tiller and his clinic have faced continuous threats and lawsuits.

A Wichita jury ruled in March that he was not guilty of illegal
abortion on 19 criminal charges he faced for allegedly violating a
state law requiring an "independent" second physician's concurring
opinion before performing later term abortions. Immediately following
the ruling in this criminal case, the Kansas State Board of Healing
Arts made public a similar complaint against Tiller that was
originally filed in December 2008.

Protesters blockaded Tiller's clinic during Operation Rescue's "Summer
of Mercy" protests during the summer of 1991, and Tiller was shot by
Rachelle Shannon at his clinic in 1993. Tiller was wounded in both
arms, and Shannon remains in prison for the shooting.

The clinic was bombed in June 1986, and was severely vandalized in
May. His lawyer said wires to security cameras and outdoor lights were
cut and that the vandals also cut through the roof and plugged the
buildings' downspouts. Rain poured through the roof and caused
thousands of dollars of damage in the clinic. Tiller reportedly asked
the FBI to investigate the incident.

Richard the Dreaded Libertarian June 2nd 09 08:37 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 13:12:19 -0700, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

That is why the American public wants and will continue to insist on
PRO-CHOICE...so they can make their own decisions without interference
from the ANTI-CHOICE crazies like you.

THere's only one question that needs to be answered in the abortion
thing - whose property is your body?

The right to choose the disposition of your own body parts and the
contents thereof are Endowed by Our Creator, and guaranteed in the
Bill of Rights:

"Amendment IV
violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported
by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be
searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

"Amendment V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous
crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in
cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in
actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be
subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb;
nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against
himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due
process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use,
without just compensation."

Hope This Helps!
Rich

Richard the Dreaded Libertarian June 2nd 09 08:42 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 18:01:48 -0500, RogerN wrote:

As you say, what ever happened to accepting responsibility for your own
action? Dr. Tiller killed babies and Dr. Tiller got killed. There were

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No, he didn't. He aborted unwanted fetuses.

A fetus isn't a person, until _AFTER_ the so-called "Miracle of Childbirth."

Until then, it's the woman's property, just like the rest of her
body is.

And anti-choicism is a flagrantly unconstitutional imposition of religion.

But most of the Big Three organized religions (Xtians, Zionists, and
Mohammedans) don't believe women are people anyway - just beasts of burden
to be used and discarded at their whim.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

RangersSuck June 2nd 09 11:24 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On Jun 2, 3:42*pm, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian
wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 18:01:48 -0500, RogerN wrote:

As you say, what ever happened to accepting responsibility for your own
action? *Dr. Tiller killed babies and Dr. Tiller got killed. *There were

* * * * * * * *^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No, he didn't. He aborted unwanted fetuses.

A fetus isn't a person, until _AFTER_ the so-called "Miracle of Childbirth."

Until then, it's the woman's property, just like the rest of her
body is.

And anti-choicism is a flagrantly unconstitutional imposition of religion..

But most of the Big Three organized religions (Xtians, Zionists, and
Mohammedans) don't believe women are people anyway - just beasts of burden
to be used and discarded at their whim.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

'Scuze me . . . You had me with you right up until you referred to
Zionism as a religion, which it most certainly is not.

RogerN June 3rd 09 04:00 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

m...

On May 31, 8:58 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On May 31, 1:50 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip
[...]

I don't know, the new article said he was one of only three who performed
those procedures.

RogerN

RogerN June 3rd 09 04:03 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 18:01:48 -0500, RogerN wrote:

As you say, what ever happened to accepting responsibility for your own
action? Dr. Tiller killed babies and Dr. Tiller got killed. There were

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No, he didn't. He aborted unwanted fetuses.

A fetus isn't a person, until _AFTER_ the so-called "Miracle of
Childbirth."

Until then, it's the woman's property, just like the rest of her
body is.

And anti-choicism is a flagrantly unconstitutional imposition of religion.

But most of the Big Three organized religions (Xtians, Zionists, and
Mohammedans) don't believe women are people anyway - just beasts of burden
to be used and discarded at their whim.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

I always heard a pregnant woman was "with child", I've never heard her
described as a woman "with fetus". So the difference between a fetus and a
baby is the location? Is my car still a car when it's in my driveway, on
the road, or in a parking lot? How does changing the location of something
change what it is?

RogerN

Too_Many_Tools June 3rd 09 04:53 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On Jun 2, 10:03*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in messagenews:pan.2009.06.02.20.41.53.128786@example .net...

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 18:01:48 -0500, RogerN wrote:

As you say, what ever happened to accepting responsibility for your own
action? *Dr. Tiller killed babies and Dr. Tiller got killed. *There were

* * * * * * * ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[...]

And what does any of your attempt to divert the discussion from the
subject have to do with issue of an anti-choice gunnut shooting an
unarmed man in church to death?

Has hanging around all those Anti-Choice discussion groups turned your
mind to crap?

TMT

RogerN June 3rd 09 11:56 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On Jun 2, 10:03 pm, "RogerN" wrote:
[...]

HA HA, you should talk, this was about Obama using Bush policy instead of
his claim to "Change" and you brought up the murder of Dr. Tiller. Rich
claimed a baby isn't a baby when its in the mother and I was replying to
that.

RogerN

Too_Many_Tools June 3rd 09 06:12 PM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On Jun 2, 10:03 pm, "RogerN" wrote:

[...]

LOL..if so why were ranting about fetus location?

How about discussing metal working subjects instead?

TMT

Richard the Dreaded Libertarian June 4th 09 01:23 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 22:03:53 -0500, RogerN wrote:
"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
But most of the Big Three organized religions (Xtians, Zionists, and
Mohammedans) don't believe women are people anyway - just beasts of burden
to be used and discarded at their whim.

I always heard a pregnant woman was "with child", I've never heard her
described as a woman "with fetus". So the difference between a fetus and a
baby is the location? Is my car still a car when it's in my driveway, on
the road, or in a parking lot? How does changing the location of something
change what it is?

Cars are irrelevant. Whose property are your testicles?

Thanks,
Rich

RogerN June 4th 09 03:03 AM

OT - Hey TMT, where's my change?

[...]

Question, why is it a fetus in one place and a baby in another place?

Answer, because liberals don't like to admit they are for the murder of
babies, so they call it a fetus.

/How about discussing metal working subjects instead?
/
/TMT

Yeah, you wouldn't post anything off topic, would you? :-)

Ok, what are you doing in metal working these days?

RogerN