Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Electrostatic generator for charging fluid.

I need a source. It should be able to deliver 30KV charge density across a
gap of an inch and it should run on 12-15 VDC.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 18, 11:07*am, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
I need a source. It should be able to deliver 30KV charge density across a
gap of an inch and it should run on 12-15 VDC.
Steve

Like, an anode supply for a battery-powered TV (of the CRT type)?
The flyback/rectifier assemblies, at least, should be relevant
to your needs. Is this for an electrostatic paint system?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 18, 12:07*pm, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
I need a source. It should be able to deliver 30KV charge density across a
gap of an inch and it should run on 12-15 VDC.
Steve

For ready-made, tear apart an old copy machine or laser printer for
the corona power supply, charges up the drum. They'll have opposite
charges, though, difference in toner types and operation between the
two. Otherwise, there are any number of HV power supplies out there
that utilize old TV/monitor flybacks with a couple of transistors.
Check some of the older circuit manuals in the library. Some of the
electronic surplus joints used to have copier guts for sale, worth a
try. It might be nice to know exactly what sort of current you
expect, too, as well as the polarity. Some of the old hobbiest
electronics mags had circuits for powering surplus IR and night-vision
tubes, some of those run at that voltage.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 May 2009 20:07:41 +0200, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

I need a source. It should be able to deliver 30KV charge density across a
gap of an inch and it should run on 12-15 VDC.
Steve

You need help to make your spec meaningful if you hope for a useful
response.

A start; automotive ignition components can produce 30KV running on
12 to 15 VDC.