DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Compressor motor replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/277926-compressor-motor-replacement.html)

Ignoramus12712 May 14th 09 05:56 PM

Compressor motor replacement

Due to luck, I was able to acquire a 7.5 HP single phase motor for
free.

My compressor was originally 7.5 HP, but I put a 10 HP motor on it
because I bought it without a motor.

So, my next project will be taking out that 10 HP motor and putting in
the 7.5 HP motor. It should be completely straightforward, as both are
215T frame.

Cydrome Leader May 15th 09 09:40 PM

Ignoramus12712 wrote:
Due to luck, I was able to acquire a 7.5 HP single phase motor for
free.

My compressor was originally 7.5 HP, but I put a 10 HP motor on it
because I bought it without a motor.

So, my next project will be taking out that 10 HP motor and putting in
the 7.5 HP motor. It should be completely straightforward, as both are
215T frame.

I was thirsty today, but could only find a large cup for water. I used it
then I found a clean smaller cup, so I used that instead.

I am very clever!

Ignoramus26671 May 15th 09 10:15 PM

On 2009-05-15, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus12712 wrote:
Due to luck, I was able to acquire a 7.5 HP single phase motor for
free.

My compressor was originally 7.5 HP, but I put a 10 HP motor on it
because I bought it without a motor.

So, my next project will be taking out that 10 HP motor and putting in
the 7.5 HP motor. It should be completely straightforward, as both are
215T frame.

I was thirsty today, but could only find a large cup for water. I used it
then I found a clean smaller cup, so I used that instead.

I am very clever!

I do not think that you are as clever as you think. (even considering
your intent to be sarcastic).

Cydrome Leader May 16th 09 06:59 PM

On 2009-05-15, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus12712 wrote:
Due to luck, I was able to acquire a 7.5 HP single phase motor for
free.

My compressor was originally 7.5 HP, but I put a 10 HP motor on it
because I bought it without a motor.

So, my next project will be taking out that 10 HP motor and putting in
the 7.5 HP motor. It should be completely straightforward, as both are
215T frame.

I was thirsty today, but could only find a large cup for water. I used it
then I found a clean smaller cup, so I used that instead.

I am very clever!

I do not think that you are as clever as you think. (even considering
your intent to be sarcastic).

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was very proud of myself and had to tell
everybody on usenet about my huge accomplishment.