Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is it? Set 283

Perhaps its used with a reflecting galvanometer?
Jon

On Thu, 7 May 2009 21:18:05 -0400, "Rob H." wrote:

wrote in message
1611: most of a roller bearing (all but the outer race)

1614: Maybe a cathetometer - sort of a short distance telescopic very
low power microscope used to examine something, such as the height of
a column of mercury, from across the lab. In this case, the "thing"
you are looking at has a scale attached... Joel in Florida

I thought that 1614 was a surveyor's level but now I'm thinking you might be
right about it being a cathetometer, I'll send an email to the owner and see
what he has to say.

Rob

* *
Anything being cooked a second time needs a hot oven.