DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   does anything except leBlond use 5 tpi? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/276848-re-does-anything-except-leblond-use-5-tpi.html)

Bob La Londe April 28th 09 02:55 PM

does anything except leBlond use 5 tpi?

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
I spend waaay to long cleaning up a 8 inch 4-jaw chuck that had been in a
fire - looked like it was all set for my lathe, then I tried it and it
didn't fit --- after a bunch of measuring and research, it turned out to
be 2 1/8 X 5 TPI, and as far as I can tell, that only fits LeBlond - is
that right?

HEY! I am not 5 threaded at 5 tpi, and that's not how you spell my name?
If you don't believe me you call my wife and ask her.

Bill Noble[_2_] April 29th 09 07:39 AM

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
I spend waaay to long cleaning up a 8 inch 4-jaw chuck that had been in a
fire - looked like it was all set for my lathe, then I tried it and it
didn't fit --- after a bunch of measuring and research, it turned out to
be 2 1/8 X 5 TPI, and as far as I can tell, that only fits LeBlond - is
that right?

HEY! I am not 5 threaded at 5 tpi, and that's not how you spell my name?
If you don't believe me you call my wife and ask her.

But, you know what? Between you and your wife you have 4 jaws..... now, are
they independent? that is the question.