Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help identify change gears

I have some unknown origin metric change gears. They all have "Z-XX" stamped
on them, where "XX" is the number of teeth. I have not measured the
thickness or bore but both are about 20mm. Two are M2.25 pitch and are 31
teeth and 58 teeth. The rest are M2.00 pitch and the numbers of teeth a
26, 29, 30, 40, 45, 47, 52, 60, and 64. These came with an old B&S Short
Lead and Feed Reducing Attachment for a dividing head application on a
horizontal mill but are not the right pitch or tooth count for it.

I have no use for these gears and would like to know their application so I
can get them to someone who can use them. Email will reach me at: don and
june at att dot net, suitably put together correctly with no spaces.

Don Young