Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Was RPC, now VFD

Just want to follow up with thanks to all who helped me with this project.
I started out building a RPC to run my 440V, 3PH, 5HP lathe.
I had the lathe running on the RPC, and was dialing it in with caps.
When by happenstance, I met up with an electrician buddy that I hadn't been
in contact with about 20 years. We got to talking, and the subject of my
lathe and RPC came up.
He say's quit dinking around with the RPC and caps. He hooked me up with a
transformer & two VFD's, one for the lathe, and one for the coolant pump.
I got - em all mounted up, and he wired them.
What a sweet running outfit this makes. You can use the link below to check
it out.
Thanks again to all who helped.

--
Peace
Milo

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:11:27 -0400, "Milo" milo@oil
filter.hughes.net wrote:

Just want to follow up with thanks to all who helped me with this project.
I started out building a RPC to run my 440V, 3PH, 5HP lathe.
I had the lathe running on the RPC, and was dialing it in with caps.
When by happenstance, I met up with an electrician buddy that I hadn't been
in contact with about 20 years. We got to talking, and the subject of my
lathe and RPC came up.
He say's quit dinking around with the RPC and caps. He hooked me up with a
transformer & two VFD's, one for the lathe, and one for the coolant pump.
I got - em all mounted up, and he wired them.
What a sweet running outfit this makes. You can use the link below to check
it out.
Thanks again to all who helped.

Cool!!

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product*
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
—Sun Tzu
*
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product*
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
—Sun Tzu

You are just another Liberal , cutting down Humans , then
claiming to "Lift" them back up !

People are pure ,
but groups , ALL groups of humans
are corrupt , Even the
Lions , Masons, Beavers, Elks ,
Doctors associations , Mother Teresa's "group" of
healers in Bangladesh ...

ALL GROUPS , even the Catholic Church "GROUP"

We individuals , who produce , are sick and tired of
hearing you liberals claim ppl are bad , then try to

charge "us" , to heal them sinners , or to teach them right .
or worse , send them to College !

No human ever produced anything , who has a college degree .

Leberal pablum ....

*