Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reel wash

"SteveB" wrote in message
I want to clean up my old Ambassadeur reel. What would be a good solution
to soak it in and brush it clean?

Steve

Everclear!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
I want to clean up my old Ambassadeur reel. What would be a good solution
to soak it in and brush it clean?

Steve

Everclear!

Boy, Howdy! I ran across some hikers in the Rockies who shared their iced
tea with Everclear around the campfire. Only headache I had worse than that
was the time I got driven up under a semi trailer.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
I want to clean up my old Ambassadeur reel. What would be a good
solution to soak it in and brush it clean?

Steve

Everclear!

Boy, Howdy! I ran across some hikers in the Rockies who shared their iced
tea with Everclear around the campfire. Only headache I had worse than
that was the time I got driven up under a semi trailer.

Steve

It must have been the tea...

I used to clean my reels with Q-tips and 91% alcohol (or Everclear) and
re-lube. Now I drop them off at "The Rodmakers Shop" and they clean, lube
and adjust for $10. They have parts there if need be and they are like new.
I get three years on my 2 "Pinnacle Deadbolts" until the bails start hanging
up and the drags get jerky.