Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need help finding brass spigots

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What kind? Any hardware store has hose bibb (crude brass) spigots,
some
brass-colored (but actually the finish is more than just polished
brass)
fixtures for bath fixtures are easily found, and there are lots of
specialized
ones for wine barrels and gas fixtures and suchlike.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"whit3rd" wrote in message

What kind? *Any hardware store has hose bibb (crude brass) spigots,
some
brass-colored (but actually the finish is more than just polished
brass)
fixtures for bath fixtures are easily found, and there are lots of
specialized
ones for wine barrels and gas fixtures and suchlike.

You just have to look in the right place, which happens to be... iced
tea supplies.

http://www.prettywoodtea.com/mm5/mer...&Store_Code=PW

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:54:11 -0400, "Sherry"
wrote:

I need something small (1/2") and polished. My husband makes water cans and
cisterns out of copper. Therefore, something decorative is preferred.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#drain-cocks/=11my8p
Bottom of the page.

--
Ned Simmons