Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default If I was a multimillionaire

this is what I would buy

http://www.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?hoffhilk59/90

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus24511" wrote in message
this is what I would buy

http://www.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?hoffhilk59/90

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

How many auctions do you usually watch. I have been trying to wean myself of
online auctions cause I'm running out of room.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus24511 wrote:

this is what I would buy

http://www.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?hoffhilk59/90

I believe there are engine lathes able to cut both metric and imperial via dual lead
screws. They also can kick out at end of thread pass.

I'd like one of those.

I'd also like a nice VMC with a fair sized tool changer so just about any tool I might
need would be ready w/o a lot of swapping. Fair

Obviously a good CAD/CAM system, well appointed and spacious shop overlooking my 1500 yard
rifle range with private runway for my air plane(s).

Combination plasma / water jet table for use in building experimental air craft and other
things.

Press brake, Adira CNC.

CNC punch press, Amada fully tooled.

Well apointed woodworking shop attached but sealed from the metal working areas.

Electronics lab.

And a garage section with lift for working on my vehicals.

Oh well, not much chance of that happening. Walter Mitty moment over.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?hoffhilk59/90

How many auctions do you usually watch. I have been trying to wean myself
of online auctions cause I'm running out of room.
Steve

Nice machine. HoffHilk is an auctioneer I used to watch close and buy a lot
from because they are close to me. I'm now of the opinion that this is the
most heavily shilled auction service in the world. I seldom to never bid any
more.

Just my opinion, you've been warned.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-03-16, Karl Townsend wrote:

http://www.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?hoffhilk59/90

How many auctions do you usually watch. I have been trying to wean myself
of online auctions cause I'm running out of room.
Steve

Nice machine. HoffHilk is an auctioneer I used to watch close and buy a lot
from because they are close to me. I'm now of the opinion that this is the
most heavily shilled auction service in the world. I seldom to never bid any
more.

Just my opinion, you've been warned.

How do you know this? I would like to know how I can find out if a
given auctioneer likes to shill.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...

http://www.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?hoffhilk59/90

How many auctions do you usually watch. I have been trying to wean myself
of online auctions cause I'm running out of room.
Steve

Nice machine. HoffHilk is an auctioneer I used to watch close and buy a
lot from because they are close to me. I'm now of the opinion that this is
the most heavily shilled auction service in the world. I seldom to never
bid any more.

Just my opinion, you've been warned.

Karl

I have bought some items from them for the same reason....they are close.
Some of the stuff they sell brings a higher price than you can buy the same
item from a jockey for. Makes one wonder about who the other bidders really
are.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Just my opinion, you've been warned.

How do you know this? I would like to know how I can find out if a
given auctioneer likes to shill.

You never know FOR SURE.

1)"The Kid" misunderstood me and kept bidding an item up. I caught it just
before the end and called saying that it was a mistake and I'm not buying,
it was up to $500. They backed out my bid and the price was $125. It sold
for $150.

2) I've seen the same item at several auctions in a row.

3) Absolutely NOTHING goes for give away. Every normal auction has a few
things that went to high, most at a normal auction price, and then a few
steals.

Like I said, just my opinion.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-03-16, Karl Townsend wrote:

Just my opinion, you've been warned.

How do you know this? I would like to know how I can find out if a
given auctioneer likes to shill.

You never know FOR SURE.

1)"The Kid" misunderstood me and kept bidding an item up. I caught it just
before the end and called saying that it was a mistake and I'm not buying,
it was up to $500. They backed out my bid and the price was $125. It sold
for $150.

2) I've seen the same item at several auctions in a row.

3) Absolutely NOTHING goes for give away. Every normal auction has a few
things that went to high, most at a normal auction price, and then a few
steals.

Like I said, just my opinion.

Sounds like strong evidence to me.

I will stay away.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:38:10 -0400, Wes wrote:

Ignoramus24511 wrote:

[...]

You forgot the place has to be on the Ocean (big lake OK) with a
monster late model fishing boat at the dock.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

You forgot the place has to be on the Ocean (big lake OK) with a
monster late model fishing boat at the dock.

Oh no, a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into. I'd want to stay a multi
millionaire.

Wes