Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default carbide tips

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Mar 9, 9:18 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Mar 9, 8:03 pm, Winston_Smith wrote:

http://www.dcexaminer.com/opinion/bl...sk/Obama-is-in...
Obama is in trouble

Did you feel it? The political ground shifting beneath President
Barack Obama since his speech last week to Congress? It's been
downhill since and I'm not referring mainly to the Dow Jones
record-setting dive. The pivot point of the shift was the speech, or
rather what the speech did to the evolving public narrative of Obama.

Let's review:

* Since the first of the year, Rush Limbaugh's audience has exploded ,
according to Howard Kurtz of The Washington Post, even as his daily
assaults on Obama have intensified. The conservative Talk Radio
maestro has become quite possibly the most listened-to radio
personality in America since before Paul Harvey (God rest his soul).

Demand for his air time hs suddenly become so intense, Limbaugh told
The Examiner's Byron York earlier today, that his network sold 80
percent as much advertising in January 2009 as it did in all of 2008,
and expects to sell-out the year by the end of March. That was before
Obama and White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel launched an explicit
counter-attack against Limbaugh that seems only to be making him
bigger.

* Glenn Beck's eminently forgettable presence on CNN has been
transformed, according to The Los Angeles Times, by his move to Fox
News where his main theme has been variations on this question - Wake
Up! Wake UP! What in Heaven's name does Barack Obama think he is doing
to America? Beck has a tough time slot from which to win big ratings
because he's in the middle of evening drive-time. Even so, in a very
short period of time at Fox, his audience has grown to the point that
it is now exceeded only by those of Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity.

* Obama remains personally popular with the public, but worries and
even outright opposition to some of his cornerstone proposals are
growing. Democrats in Congress are even beginning to express in public
print their worries that Obama has reached too far with the $787
billion economic stimulus package, the $410 billion omnibus spending
bill and the $3.6 trillion budget proposal (and the trillions more
senior aides whisper are coming in further bailouts, loan guarantees,
"tax cuts" that are really just grants, and other spending
accountrements of Leviathan Unleashed.)

* Paralleling these developments, a potentially devastatng
conservative case against Obama is coming together rapidly. Two
influential columns this week tell the tale: On Thursday, Daniel
Henninger offers this crucial observation in a WSJ piece otherwise
devoted to asking why Republicans aren't more eagerly and quickly
taking advantage of the fact the Obama Democrats have all but declared
war on the 75 percent of the U.S. economy that is private and
therefore productive of the nation's wealth:

||WS - Oh, oh. How can we shut up the opposition? - WS

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=44588
Speaker Pelosi Backs Senate Amendment to Regulate Talk Radio
Friday, March 06, 2009
By Josiah Ryan, Staff Writer

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) (AP Photo)
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told CNSNews.com on
Thursday that she supports an amendment to a Senate bill that would
force the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to "take actions to
encourage and promote diversity in communication media ownership and
to ensure that broadcast station licenses are used in the public
interest."

The amendment’s language is viewed by many media experts as a means to
regulate conservative talk radio, particularly popular programs such
as the Rush Limbaugh Show and the Sean Hannity Show, among many
others.

House Conference Chairman Mike Pence (R-Ind.), a former radio
broadcaster and one of Congress’ biggest opponents of the Fairness
Doctrine -- an FCC regulation removed in 1987 that forced broadcasters
to grant equal airtime to opposing political viewpoints -- told
CNSNews.com that the amendment is a masked attempt to restore the
Fairness Doctrine.

||WS - That's all fine and good but how can we tweak Rushbo
personally? - WS

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/Conten...x?rsrcid=44558
Democrats Issue Call for Slogans for Anti-Limbaugh Billboard in Rush’s
‘Backyard’

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is asking people to submit
ideas for an anti-Rush Limbaugh slogan it intends to put on a
billboard in Rush's "backyard" -- his hometown of West Palm Beach,
Fla.

The DNC pitch, which comes in the form of a fund-raising letter and
e-mail, is being sent out across the country:

In part, it reads: "I'm Jen O'Malley Dillon, the new Executive
Director of the Democratic National Committee. If you're anything like
me, then you've had the urge to talk back to a right-wing talk radio
host more than a few times. Now you can."

The pitch asks readers "to come up with a slogan, in ten words or
less" that the Democrats will place on a billboard in West Palm Beach.

"We'll go through all the slogans we get, and the winner will have his
or her message appear on the billboard -- and receive a free T-shirt
featuring the winning slogan," the letter says.

||WS - Oh yeah, that will show him.

Seldom has a winger been so full of sh*t than you.

Obama's popularity is never higher while the GOP/Rush are hated by
millions.

I am surprised that you can type...you must really be buzzed.

TMT

Winston...did you let your redneck cousin use your computer? ;)

TMT

Carbide Insert and Carbide Depot [email protected] Metalworking 1 November 23rd 07 06:37 PM
How much of Dillon's Carbide dies are Carbide? Clark Magnuson Metalworking 4 September 5th 07 04:59 AM
Tips Tips Tips ( work at home) PUNJABI GUY Home Repair 1 June 9th 07 08:28 AM
Lye and carbide mark Metalworking 10 February 28th 06 12:42 AM
tungsten carbide and carbide Kori Metalworking 4 August 1st 03 06:13 PM