Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another Day....Another Lying Republican

"Libby Loo" wrote in message

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message

The sight of a grown man, Rhodes Scholar, Governor, married man, prancing
was just disturbing in some subconscious way.

I thought you stood in solidarity with your prancing male brothers. Why
the
backlash this time?

One of the most interesting facts in the piece, titled "Bobby Jindal's
Secret Past," was that Jindal said he witnessed, and then haltingly
participated in, the exorcism of his very close friend (a woman named Susan)
when he was in college.

(It should be noted that other bloggers have been making hay of this fact
for a while.)

In 1994 Jindal penned a piece for the New Oxford Review, under the title
"Beating a Demon: Physical Dimensions of Spiritual Warfare," in which he
recounted what happened.

http://blow.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...st-pro-or-con/

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

After seeing the performance of Jindal following Obama's speech to congress
even republicans are saying "next". Apparently, after seeing Jindal's speech
they will continue to look for someone to lead the party. Right now they
have no one with any kind of leadership except for Limbaugh, and he's
stepping up and taking it. His speech at CPAC was supposed to be 20 minutes
but went on for an hour and a half. It's clear that he's about the only
republican that any of them wants to follow. Sara Palin is a distant second.
So there you have it. The republicans have fallen so far that all that is
left is a hard core of die hards that worship Limbaugh. What a party. No
wonder they are so small now. Only the kooks and nuts are left. So much for
Karl Rove's permanent majority.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

There is always Jeb.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

Here's another tidbit about Jindal that I didn't realize. It's in Frank
Rich's column today:

"Listening to Jindal talk Tuesday night about his immigrant father's
inability to pay for an obstetrician, you'd never guess that at the time his
father was an engineer and his mother an L.S.U. doctoral candidate in
nuclear physics."

From the way Jindal described it, I thought maybe they were pedicab drivers.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

From the way Jindal described it, I thought maybe they were pedicab
drivers.

I almost sent you a link to that but you mentioned that you follow Rich
regularly.
Pretty tough piece.

Jindal looked a lot like Bill Clinton in '88 to me until I started digging a
little, and I do mean just a little.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jeb Bush emerge after the mid terms.

LOL
Have a look at Dowd's bit if you haven't.
She's amusing as hell.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

From the way Jindal described it, I thought maybe they were pedicab
drivers.

I almost sent you a link to that but you mentioned that you follow Rich
regularly.
Pretty tough piece.

Jindal looked a lot like Bill Clinton in '88 to me until I started digging
a little, and I do mean just a little.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jeb Bush emerge after the mid terms.

No way, IMO. The Bush name is screwed for a generation. Unless the whole
country collapses in the meantime, I don't think Jeb would make it through
the Iowa caucuses.

Too bad; he probably would have been the best White House lawn ornament in
the family.

LOL
Have a look at Dowd's bit if you haven't.
She's amusing as hell.

JC

Always. Sometimes silly, but always amusing. She's really got it in for
those bankers lately, too.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Hawke" wrote in message

I wanted to mention that Tom Delay introduced Ann Coulter at CPAC.
Can you believe it!

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

I wanted to mention that Tom Delay introduced Ann Coulter at CPAC.
Can you believe it!

JC

Yeah, from what I read about it, they're really lost in fantasyland.

The best thing they could do is disinter Reagan and have him animated.

sigh I don't hold out much hope for my party. I said I'd give them six
months after the election to see if the moderates swept back into power, or
if they were going to self-destruct in an orgy of reactionary revanchism.
It's looking more like the latter every day, and that I'm going to have to
change my party registration to "independent" after 25 years or so of being
a Republican.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

I wanted to mention that Tom Delay introduced Ann Coulter at CPAC.
Can you believe it!

Damn, I missed that. Rush, Cogburn, Newt, and Ron put on a good show.

Btw, when is Delay coming to trial? No end act to a polical take down? Ronnie must have
retired.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I wanted to mention that Tom Delay introduced Ann Coulter at CPAC.
Can you believe it!

But of course. Every right winger nutter worth their salt was there. The
same names that we heard from for the last eight years all showed up to
commiserate and plan new strategies for how they can get back power and go
back to destroying the country again. They are in real trouble though. Obama
has taken office at the absolute best time. The country is so far down right
now that in the next few years it has nowhere else to go but up. After a
while things are bound to improve and he'll be perfectly positioned to take
credit for it even if he didn't do anything. So the next time the
republicans would have any chance is at least eight years away. By then all
the old guard republicans will be gone. They will have to come up with all
new people and if the country is in good shape eight years hence they won't
win anything. Looks like our national streak of bad luck may be ending.
Seeing the demise of the republican party is the best thing that has
happened in decades.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, I hadn't thought about him. That's just what the country needs,
another Bush in the White House. The other two didn't completely bring down
the country, almost, so I guess a third would be the charm.

Hawke

Sheer Rottenness and Lying BS are Bollmann - L. Credit Where Due T. Home Repair 0 June 2nd 07 10:18 PM
slates not lying flat scunner UK diy 5 August 5th 06 08:22 PM
Lying Liberals. Ed Huntress Metalworking 5 June 7th 05 10:00 PM
The Things You Think of Lying In Bed [email protected] Metalworking 3 December 6th 04 05:28 PM
Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense? ModerateLeft Woodworking 299 October 12th 04 02:17 AM