Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Don't lose your camlock pins

I purchased a D1-4 chuck without the three pins, figuring they would be
common and cheap. I found that there are no standards for the thread end and
the set I got from Ebay for around $50 with shipping did not fit. I finally
got a set that fit from Grizzly for a bit over $66 with shipping. Moral: if
you do lose them, check the threads and your wallet before purchasing.

Don Young

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

got a set that fit from Grizzly for a bit over $66 with shipping. Moral: if
you do lose them, check the threads and your wallet before purchasing.

Don Young

Dan

I believe that MSC Direct has them.

Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 23, 6:19*pm, "Don Young" wrote:
I purchased a D1-4 chuck without the three pins, figuring they would be
common and cheap. I found that there are no standards for the thread end and
the set I got from *Ebay for around $50 with shipping did not fit. I finally
got a set that fit from Grizzly for a bit over $66 with shipping. Moral: if
you do lose them, check the threads and your wallet before purchasing.

Don Young

That probably means the threads were metric.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
got a set that fit from Grizzly for a bit over $66 with shipping. Moral:
if
you do lose them, check the threads and your wallet before purchasing.

Don Young

Dan

I believe that MSC Direct has them.

Bob AZ

I see them listed for $15.13 each. They do not indicate what the thread is.

Don Young

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I believe that MSC Direct has them.

Bob �AZ

I see them listed for $15.13 each. They do not indicate what the thread is.

Don Young

Don

7/16-20 according to:

"http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?
PMPAGE=1137&PMT4NO=59052113&PMT4TP=*ITPD&PMITEM=84 392646&PMCTLG=54"

Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
I believe that MSC Direct has them.

Bob ?AZ

I see them listed for $15.13 each. They do not indicate what the thread
is.

Don Young

Don

7/16-20 according to:

"http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?
PMPAGE=1137&PMT4NO=59052113&PMT4TP=*ITPD&PMITEM=84 392646&PMCTLG=54"

Bob AZ
Thanks for that info, Bob.

Don Young

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
I believe that MSC Direct has them.

Bob ?AZ

I see them listed for $15.13 each. They do not indicate what the thread
is.

Don Young

Don

7/16-20 according to:

"http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?
PMPAGE=1137&PMT4NO=59052113&PMT4TP=*ITPD&PMITEM=84 392646&PMCTLG=54"

Bob AZ
After bringing up the catalog page I see they have them in both 7/16" - 20
and M10 - 1. The M10 - 1 are about twice the price. Hope I don't need to buy
any more! At least I can charge part of the cost to "Education and
Training".

Don Young