Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hot melt glue removal (tip of the day)

Ever need to remove that hot glue gun glue?
(polyethylene,..or whatever the stuff is)

Dribble/soak the joint with 99% isopropanol (rubbing alcohol).
The best applicator to use is a 2 oz. bottle with a blunt syringe tip.

NO open flames around! OK?!!

Let it sit for ~ 15 seconds (very important), and then tug/ pull away
at the glue blob.

It doesn't dissolve the glue itself, but it somehow seems to break the
bond between the glue & the surface it's glued to.

I doubt that it would work well on any textiles or porous surfaces,
but it works great for metal/plastic/glass smooth surfaces.

A co-worker showed me the trick, I can't take the credit.

Cheers!
bart

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

bart fired this volley in
:

Ever need to remove that hot glue gun glue?
(polyethylene,..or whatever the stuff is)

Dribble/soak the joint with 99% isopropanol (rubbing alcohol).
The best applicator to use is a 2 oz. bottle with a blunt syringe

tip.

Styrene Adipate will simply dissolve the glue. It's the recommended
cleaner for commercial hot-glue dispensers.

LLoyd