Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Excellent post from Wild Bill

In a post today, Wild Bill sez:

"From the diameter and length you gave Michael, it looks like they are
officially referred to as non-standard Chinese (at least by this source in
the UK).
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalo...ollets---Other

Any time someone posts a collet chart or comparison guide (or machine
spindle tapers), I try to remember to save a shortcut to it/them and put
them in a metalworking collet info folder. I had more of them on my last
machine, but here are the ones I have presently" Then he listed several relevant URLs.

Visit the UK site to glean a ton of valuable information on collets and just about any other
category in the mechanical arts.

One thing I found particularly noteworthy was an essay from the esteemed English Engineer John
Stevenson, "Reasons to convert a mill to CNC". It can be found at:
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/projec...nc/whycnc.html Although I am not presently a candidate for
"conversion to CNC", I found John's article to be an insightful and provocative intro into why
someone might want to go CNC.

Bob Swinney

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Robert Swinney" wrote:

One thing I found particularly noteworthy was an essay from the esteemed English Engineer John
Stevenson, "Reasons to convert a mill to CNC". It can be found at:

That is formally:

Sir John, Earl of Bridgeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE
[ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:27:05 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Robert Swinney" wrote:

One thing I found particularly noteworthy was an essay from the esteemed English Engineer John
Stevenson, "Reasons to convert a mill to CNC". It can be found at:

That is formally:

Sir John, Earl of Bridgeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE
[ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

I think that Nottingham may have disowned Long Eaton, they were lowering the
tone of the rest of the county BG

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mark Rand wrote:

I think that Nottingham may have disowned Long Eaton, they were lowering the
tone of the rest of the county BG

I'm afraid that is too much inside baseball for this colonial to parse.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:07:33 -0500, Wes wrote:

Mark Rand wrote:

I think that Nottingham may have disowned Long Eaton, they were lowering the
tone of the rest of the county BG

I'm afraid that is too much inside baseball for this colonial to parse.

Wes

John actually lives/works in the small town of Long Eaton about 8 miles from
Nottingham city centre :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks, Bob. Another metalworker's adventures that I used to enjoy seeing
was a guy named Orrin (last name started with E or I, maybe).
Someone here probably knows who he is.

I used to encounter many more websites of individual's projects and
procedures several years ago, but not so many anymore.

--
WB
metalworking projects

OT - Duck Gone Wild J T Woodworking 6 March 8th 08 03:09 PM
rcmp gone wild tk_b Metalworking 1 February 29th 08 11:33 PM
Wild leg on RPC is 230 V... TO GROUND!!! Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 5 March 21st 05 03:27 AM
H L Wild rich Woodworking 2 January 19th 05 10:39 AM