Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pete C

Ignoramus28270 wrote:

If you need that 80 gallon tank with fatigue crack, contact me.

Any idea what shipping would run? Let me see if I can dig up a couple
used out of hydro or non OPD 40# LP tanks locally which would give me
about 28 gal liquid capacity.

Thanks,

Pete C.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:51:57 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Ignoramus28270 wrote:

If you need that 80 gallon tank with fatigue crack, contact me.

Any idea what shipping would run? Let me see if I can dig up a couple
used out of hydro or non OPD 40# LP tanks locally which would give me
about 28 gal liquid capacity.

Thanks,

Pete C.

What are you looking for? I may still have a couple of reefer propane
tanks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-01-30, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus28270 wrote:

If you need that 80 gallon tank with fatigue crack, contact me.

Any idea what shipping would run? Let me see if I can dig up a couple
used out of hydro or non OPD 40# LP tanks locally which would give me
about 28 gal liquid capacity.

Shipping could be pricey.

I'll be driving sort of by in May on my way from TX up to CT for a week
or two.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:03:20 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

I'm looking for about 25 gal of coolant storage / air bladder for a
plasma cutter water table. Air displaces coolant from the tank(s) up to
the table to fill to the appropriate depth, release the air and it
drains down to storage for easy retrieval of cutouts and cleaning of
sludge. Only needs to be pressurized to a few PSI to push the coolant up
a couple feet.

I remembered to check today. I have two 18.2 gallon propane tanks.
Angle iron mounts on bottom. Fill, relief and liquid outlets on top.
And a 1/4" bleed valve. Fill and liquid look to be 3/4". Relief is
about 1". Yours to pick up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm looking for about 25 gal of coolant storage / air bladder for a
plasma cutter water table. Air displaces coolant from the tank(s) up to
the table to fill to the appropriate depth, release the air and it
drains down to storage for easy retrieval of cutouts and cleaning of
sludge. Only needs to be pressurized to a few PSI to push the coolant up
a couple feet.

Forgot to mention, I will be going to Aubrey next week.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Coolant tank search update...

wrote:

I'm looking for about 25 gal of coolant storage / air bladder for a
plasma cutter water table. Air displaces coolant from the tank(s) up to
the table to fill to the appropriate depth, release the air and it
drains down to storage for easy retrieval of cutouts and cleaning of
sludge. Only needs to be pressurized to a few PSI to push the coolant up
a couple feet.

Forgot to mention, I will be going to Aubrey next week.

Thanks, but I solved the problem. I just picked up a lovely new 100# (29
gal or so) LP tank which I will void the warranty on this evening It
was easier / cheaper to get a new tank local than to drive after a used
one and have to worry about purging and filling with inert gas before
drilling and welding in new fittings where I need them.

Iggy, your 80 gal tank would make a very nice smoker project for doing
some wonderful BBQ. Think 80 gal as the smoking chamber with some racks
added, and something like a 20# LP tank converted into the firebox. A
little plasma cutting and welding and you'll be good to go.
alt.food.barbecue has plenty of experts and they can give you the link
to the appropriate BBQ FAQ(s).

Pete C.