Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Should bankruptcy judges be allowed to modify mortgages?

"AZOTIC" wrote:

A much better better solution would be a federal usurery law caping
interest to no more than prime + 5% on any transaction. That would
solve most of the lending problems and stimulate the ecconomy at the
same time.

Best Regards
Tom.

Well that would be a good idea. Those that can not get decent rates are lousy candidates
for loans and currently are prey.

Should judges modify software licenses (a contract of sorts)?
Should judges modify auto loans?

Do we need a contract since, contracts seem to be out of vogue? It sounds like everyone
wants to make new rules like the school ground bully.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"AZOTIC" wrote:

A much better better solution would be a federal usurery law caping
interest to no more than prime + 5% on any transaction. That would
solve most of the lending problems and stimulate the ecconomy at the
same time.

Best Regards
Tom.

Well that would be a good idea. Those that can not get decent rates are
lousy candidates
for loans and currently are prey.

Should judges modify software licenses (a contract of sorts)?
Should judges modify auto loans?

Do we need a contract since, contracts seem to be out of vogue? It sounds
like everyone
wants to make new rules like the school ground bully.

Wes

Seeing how the credit card industry modifys the user agreement (contract)
constantly without the
holder having to sign a new contract each time a change is made makes
current contract law a joke.
Time to hit the reset button and addopt some common sense legistation where
all parties involved
in a contract can understand the terms without the bennifit of a flock of
lawyers.

Best Regards
Tom.