Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Corkscrew

--You folks seen this yet? A little inspiration methinks!
http://www.oneofonehundred.co.uk/media/corkscrew.php

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Do us a favor and rescue
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a doggie or three...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"steamer" wrote in message
--You folks seen this yet? A little inspiration methinks!
http://www.oneofonehundred.co.uk/media/corkscrew.php

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Do us a favor and rescue
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a doggie or three...
www.nmpproducts.com
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

A good display of skills and vision. However, a total waste of time, energy
and money.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:
--You folks seen this yet? A little inspiration methinks!
http://www.oneofonehundred.co.uk/media/corkscrew.php

WOW.... Got me at first, I thought just another artist assembling junk
into something that whirls around and does interesting but useless stuff.
Then he starts making patterns and casting stuff, next we see the gear
hobbing, and I realize this is something really involved.
That device just totally humbles anything I ever even dared dream I
might try to build....
Thanks for sharing!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:
--You folks seen this yet? A little inspiration methinks!
http://www.oneofonehundred.co.uk/media/corkscrew.php

WOW!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:
--You folks seen this yet? A little inspiration methinks!
http://www.oneofonehundred.co.uk/media/corkscrew.php

Outstanding! Thanks for posting this.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"steamer" wrote in message
--You folks seen this yet? A little inspiration methinks!
http://www.oneofonehundred.co.uk/media/corkscrew.php

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Do us a favor and rescue
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a doggie or three...
www.nmpproducts.com
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Here's another delightfully eccentric Brit

http://www.timhunkin.com/index.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Tim Hunkin rocks! I got to chat with him at the California Makers
Faire in '07. Hope he makes it to the next one. And if you haven't got 'em
ya need to get CDs of "Secret Life of Machines", the best TV shows I ever
saw.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Do us a favor and rescue
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a doggie or three...
www.nmpproducts.com
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Anderson wrote:

Then he starts making patterns and casting stuff, next we see the gear
hobbing, and I realize this is something really involved.

I thought the governor to be be a bit of art but it looks like it might be doing something
toward the end.

It was a fun view. The video didn't seem to like to buffer very well though.

Wes