DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kewl website (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/267430-kewl-website.html)

steamer December 24th 08 05:21 PM

Kewl website

--Found via link from hackaday.com check out
http://www.thingiverse.com/about
--If anyone's getting into reprap this is a good place for ideas.
Usual disclaimers; just thot it was kewl!

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Never thought I'd live to see
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : our "iron curtain" crumble...

Randy Replogle December 27th 08 12:23 AM

Kewl website

steamer wrote:
--Found via link from hackaday.com check out
http://www.thingiverse.com/about
--If anyone's getting into reprap this is a good place for ideas.
Usual disclaimers; just thot it was kewl!

Here's another: http://www.instructables.com/
Some dumb things but some interesting projects too.
RR

steamer December 27th 08 06:14 PM

Kewl website

Randy Replogle wrote:
steamer wrote:
--Found via link from hackaday.com check out
http://www.thingiverse.com/about
--If anyone's getting into reprap this is a good place for ideas.
Usual disclaimers; just thot it was kewl!

Here's another: http://www.instructables.com/
Some dumb things but some interesting projects too.

--Agreed. And don't forget to read the follow-up message threads;
found a bit of gold there yesterday with this Gear Template Generator:
http://woodgears.ca/gear_cutting/template.html
It outputs files that can be 'read' by the laser at Techshop.

--And yeah, Thingverse is still a little thin on variety but hacks
like the combination lock are a good start; looking forward to more variety
as repraps get built and are more widely distributed..