Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metalwork...Honda cycle jet sizes?

Sorry, my newsreader (or the user) lost the thread, so I can't
reply directly to it.

Gunner,
I put a picture @ http://www.varian.net/wayne/hclamp/IMG00032.JPG
I can take a better one once the camera battery charges, just ask.

There is a taper at the non-threaded end of the pilot jet.

The importer of parts in the U.S. for carb parts is
Carburetor Parts Warehouse
http://www.carbparts.com/

A used carb as others suggested may be the way to go.
A search on 'used motorcycle parts' brings lots of listings.

Wayne D.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:41:23 -0600, Wayne
wrote:

Sorry, my newsreader (or the user) lost the thread, so I can't
reply directly to it.

Gunner,
I put a picture @ http://www.varian.net/wayne/hclamp/IMG00032.JPG
I can take a better one once the camera battery charges, just ask.

Thanks Wayne. Different carby. This is a Kehein 699

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-xl350-k0-...ist/E++07.html

Part #27 on the drawing. It should be about 7mm long

There is a taper at the non-threaded end of the pilot jet.

The importer of parts in the U.S. for carb parts is
Carburetor Parts Warehouse
http://www.carbparts.com/

A used carb as others suggested may be the way to go.
A search on 'used motorcycle parts' brings lots of listings.

Wayne D.

Ill check it out. Sigh...buy...not scrounge/make? Moi???

Blasphemy!

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch formulated the question :
wrote:

[...]

Oops, for some reason I thought you said Mikuni. I should have
known better since I heard Kehein was owned by Honda.
I've got a few of those around also, I think the largest is a #45,
for a different bike.

I wonder if you could make an insert to mount a normal jet.

Wayne D.