DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How the hell (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/266977-re-how-hell.html)

Gerald Miller December 17th 08 06:09 AM

How the hell

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:59:16 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

RoyJ wrote:

Kids might be the **LIGHT** infantry of snow removal but you need heavy
weaponry to blast the frozen snowplow windrow at the end of the driveway.

Back in the days when I dealt with significant snow, I had a very good
technique for dealing with the driveway being plowed in. I'd always try
to get out with the snowblower before the plow came and I would clear my
driveway, as well as a hundred feet or so along the road on the inbound
side of the driveway. The plow would come along plowing in everyone's
driveway, but as it approached mine, since I had already cleared back,
by the time it got to my driveway it wasn't pushing much of anything.

SWMBO thinks I do this because I just like playing in the snow!

Of
course if the plow showed up while I was doing this I'd just play
chicken and make him go around me. Whenever it was a new driver they'd
be a bit annoyed, but after a time they'd figure it out.

On the metalworking and welding subject, one time I caught a rock in the
blower and it broke the 2nd stage impeller off the shaft, so I had to
bring it in the shop, clear out the snow and weld it back on.

Gerry :-)}
London, Canada