Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How the hell

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:47:05 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

RoyJ wrote:
It kinda depends on if you get the wet stuff or the dry stuff and how
cold it is after it falls. The dry stuff just plows out of the way and
life goes on. The wet stuff can be plowed, IF you have a big enough
plow. But if it's wet snow like northern MN got last weekend and then
the temp drops to minus 30F, you have real trouble.

My buddy drives a plow for MnDot. Picture 54,000 pounds of Ford 9000
series with a 11' front plow and a 10' wing plow off the LEFT side (he
runs lead, the other guy has the right hand wing) Drive along at 40 mph
at 4AM

He needs a REAL plow...
http://www.militaryconvoy.com/oshkoshplowtruck.htm
for a nice version.
http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDispl...62&acctID=1369
for a newer unit.

http://www.oshkoshcorporation.com/ne...ow_removal.cfm
That "little" blower would come in handy some days. I bet a SMART car
would fly through it with no problem....

When I lived in our previous house and worked out of an office at the
airport, my driveway was about 60 feet long and since I kept my camper
in front of the gara -er- workshop, all my snow had to come to the
front lawn. I often threatened to have the maintenance crew come and
blow my snow pile over the house into the back yard.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

PTV 745 from hell [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 September 12th 07 04:51 PM
What the hell is this? I am I Home Repair 2 August 30th 05 01:04 AM
2x4 from hell! John DeBoo Woodworking 6 June 8th 05 10:56 PM
Ok why the hell did I buy this???? Waynemak Metalworking 18 June 5th 05 07:15 PM
RCD Hell diynovice UK diy 3 February 1st 05 08:30 PM