Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT The Autobahn

DoN. Nichols wrote:
On 2008-12-12, RogerN wrote:
Sounds like BottleBob's dream

Some people from the factory where I work were sent to Germany for a
business trip. They told about traveling on the autobahn in their rental
car. They said all their car would do was 120mph and they were being passed
like they were standing still.

Hmm ... was that a rental car from Germany? If so, that was
almost certainly 120 KPH, not 120 MPH. so that would have been about
74.5 MPH. No wonder they were being passed like they were standing
still -- they *were* standing still by Autobhan standards. :-)

Wikipedia has some info on the Autobahn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobahn

It doesn't seem like the safety hazard I would have thought having no speed
limit and all.

Good drivers, expected to go fast will not be a problem. I
wonder how they eliminate the idiots?

Attrition, plus big penalties for causing an accident.

David