DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving to All Our American Buddies (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/265679-happy-thanksgiving-all-our-american-buddies.html)

Brian Lawson November 26th 08 10:25 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to All Our American Buddies

Hey All,

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! And despite the recent monetary woes,
there is still plenty to be thankful for...in fact. at 68 I'm thrilled
every day my feet hit the floor; but this Thursday is a day set aside
to be thinking of family and friends, so make it a happy day.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Winston November 27th 08 12:03 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to All Our American Buddies

Hey Brian,

Thank you for your glad tidings.

Once in a while, I like to think about how truly good life has been
to me (and by extension, to all of the rest of the groupers here).

Our experience is so unlike that of the rest of the planet's people!

Happy Holidays!

--Winston
Silicon Valley, California

Wes[_2_] November 27th 08 01:23 AM

Brian Lawson wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! And despite the recent monetary woes,
there is still plenty to be thankful for...in fact. at 68 I'm thrilled
every day my feet hit the floor; but this Thursday is a day set aside
to be thinking of family and friends, so make it a happy day.

Ah tomorrow will be a fine day. The family all around and good food and talk at the
table.

Happy Thanksgiving back at you Brian and the rest of the group also,

Wes

Larry Jaques November 27th 08 03:41 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to All Our American Buddies

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:25:51 -0500, the infamous Brian Lawson
scrawled the following:

Hey All,

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! And despite the recent monetary woes,
there is still plenty to be thankful for...in fact. at 68 I'm thrilled
every day my feet hit the floor; but this Thursday is a day set aside
to be thinking of family and friends, so make it a happy day.

Right, Happy Birdday to everyone.

Um, has someone already warned turkeys like Cliffy and Parakeet to
duck tomorrow? Oh, good!

--
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).
-----------

matthew maguire[_2_] November 27th 08 11:03 AM

Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey All,

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! And despite the recent monetary woes,
there is still plenty to be thankful for...in fact. at 68 I'm thrilled
every day my feet hit the floor; but this Thursday is a day set aside
to be thinking of family and friends, so make it a happy day.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Thanks Brian;

Looking to the east, everyday is a new chance, I'm a very happy riser
and peaceful sleeper (Snorer?).

If I make a BAD golf shot, at least I'm on the right side of the grass....

Matt

Brian Lawson November 27th 08 01:07 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to All Our American Buddies

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 05:03:30 -0600, matthew maguire
wrote:

Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey All,

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! And despite the recent monetary woes,
there is still plenty to be thankful for...in fact. at 68 I'm thrilled
every day my feet hit the floor; but this Thursday is a day set aside
to be thinking of family and friends, so make it a happy day.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Thanks Brian;

Looking to the east, everyday is a new chance, I'm a very happy riser
and peaceful sleeper (Snorer?).

If I make a BAD golf shot, at least I'm on the right side of the grass....

Matt

Hey Matt,

Great attitude. Good line!!

Brian

Errol Groff November 27th 08 04:39 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to All Our American Buddies

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:25:51 -0500, Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey All,

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! And despite the recent monetary woes,
there is still plenty to be thankful for...in fact. at 68 I'm thrilled
every day my feet hit the floor; but this Thursday is a day set aside
to be thinking of family and friends, so make it a happy day.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Thanks Brian. Thanksgiving Day came a bit early for me this year.
Tuesday was our annual shop Fair/Open House at school and a bunch of
last Junes grad showed up. Every one of them working iin the trade
and continuing to learn. One fellow did a small comversational
program on the TRAK mill. Beep, beep in rapid succession and he had
it running. Last year it was beep............beep and son on. Great
to see him so confident. Another showed me a cell phone picture of a
drill bit he is working on, 7000 lbs and tons of complex CNC milling
on it.

Another former student is in his second year at University of
Connecticut school of engineering, on full scholarship to boot. He
continues to work at Whitcraft Tool a local top level shop. They love
hime there and his future is unlimited.

Really made my day and makes up for the chuckle heads that come
through the shop.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
Danielson, CT

Ed Huntress November 27th 08 05:38 PM

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
Hey All,

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! And despite the recent monetary woes,
there is still plenty to be thankful for...in fact. at 68 I'm thrilled
every day my feet hit the floor; but this Thursday is a day set aside
to be thinking of family and friends, so make it a happy day.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Thank you, Brian. We feel the same way. Everyone is together, the pumpkin
pie just came out of the oven and the turkey just went in. No rain, no wind,
and the ancient furnace is still putting out heat. Loose shoes, etc...let
the economy go to hell, I'll take this any day.

--
Ed Huntress

Jon Elson November 28th 08 02:07 AM

Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey All,

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! And despite the recent monetary woes,
there is still plenty to be thankful for...in fact. at 68 I'm thrilled
every day my feet hit the floor; but this Thursday is a day set aside
to be thinking of family and friends, so make it a happy day.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Thanks Brian, but **YOU'RE** an American, too!

Jon