Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Preemptive pardons

Cliff wrote:
[

Many people have been asking us, "Could Bush actually pardon himself?". Would it
be despicable? Sure it would. Would it be shameless and cowardly? Yes, that and
that too. But all those adjectives fit Bush like O.J.'s glove before it shrunk
from being soaked completely in blood. Which means he is absolutely is planning
on doing it.

Not likely any indictment would be brought before
January 20. I seriously doubt you can pardon
yourself from a theoretical indictment that MIGHT
be brought sometime in the future.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Cliff wrote:
[

Many people have been asking us, "Could Bush actually pardon himself?".
Would it
be despicable? Sure it would. Would it be shameless and cowardly? Yes,
that and
that too. But all those adjectives fit Bush like O.J.'s glove before it
shrunk
from being soaked completely in blood. Which means he is absolutely is
planning
on doing it.

Not likely any indictment would be brought before January 20. I seriously
doubt you can pardon yourself from a theoretical indictment that MIGHT be
brought sometime in the future.

Sure you can, and blanket pardons have been issued more than once.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:
"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Cliff wrote:
[

Many people have been asking us, "Could Bush actually pardon himself?".
Would it
be despicable? Sure it would. Would it be shameless and cowardly? Yes,
that and
that too. But all those adjectives fit Bush like O.J.'s glove before it
shrunk
from being soaked completely in blood. Which means he is absolutely is
planning
on doing it.

Not likely any indictment would be brought before January 20. I seriously
doubt you can pardon yourself from a theoretical indictment that MIGHT be
brought sometime in the future.

Sure you can, and blanket pardons have been issued more than once.

Great, just what we need, a pardon just in case
somebody gets in trouble, sometime in the future!

Jon