Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More about internet

spaco wrote:
You got me started.

Pete

I agree.

Also, we don't want to forget the value of multitasking.
I recently logged to a manufacturer's website and bought
a couple replacement parts for my drip irrigation system
directly from them. Rather than drive to the local HW
store, I used the time to do other more productive stuff.

Three days later, I have my parts at reasonable cost without
spending a penny in gas or a minute more of my time.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 14:00:31 -0800, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

spaco wrote:
You got me started.

Pete

I agree.

Also, we don't want to forget the value of multitasking.
I recently logged to a manufacturer's website and bought
a couple replacement parts for my drip irrigation system
directly from them. Rather than drive to the local HW
store, I used the time to do other more productive stuff.

Three days later, I have my parts at reasonable cost without
spending a penny in gas or a minute more of my time.

Please check your email for a multitasking caveat, Winnie.

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote:

I recently logged to a manufacturer's website and bought
a couple replacement parts for my drip irrigation system
directly from them. Rather than drive to the local HW
store, I used the time to do other more productive stuff.

Three days later, I have my parts at reasonable cost without
spending a penny in gas or a minute more of my time.

I needed a new pump for the washing machine earlier this year. Most of the
local guys wanted two to three times what I wanted to pay, one of whom even
went so far as to refuse to tell me the stock number for the part. One
local guy had it for a reasonable price, but he didn't get in until
afternoon (and didn't tell me this before I went out of my way to go there
one morning).

Went home and found the part on ebay, bought it for the lowest price
anywhere, and received it five days later, along with a short handwritten
note from the supplier thanking me for my business. I appreciated that.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Danniken" writes:

"Winston" wrote:

[...]

FWIW, I've had very good results going to partsdirect.com for
appliance parts.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Please check your email for a multitasking caveat, Winnie.

HAW! Indeed.

I used to look just like the guy in the first slide.
Tis a pity when we let ourselves go...

--Winnie

A NEW INTERNET IS COMING! - Web 2.0 Full Internet Upgrade - ktwon73 Home Repair 0 April 24th 08 06:12 AM
own the internet zeon UK diy 0 August 20th 07 07:23 PM
Internet Gigi Home Ownership 0 August 20th 05 12:02 AM