Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Auto Industry Bailout?

I think before one dime is given to the auto industry to "bail it out" of the current mess
we need to do a couple of things.

1) Recover a large portion of any major and excessive CEO "bonuses" given in the last few
years.

2) VOID any contracts that the industry was pressured into by the labor unions but
continue to pay the same benefits any social security recipient would receive who had made
the same income over the years.

3) There have to be very specific guidelines as to how taxpayer money is spent.

We have fat-cats in the auto industry who average $65 to $85 per hour, including benefits,
and now we want to tax $15 and $20/hr. employees so they can continue highway robbery! If
they won't agree to the above let the whole industry fold and start over with new
employees and new pay schedules. Remember Ronnie Reagan and the aircraft controllers?

We cannot "deliver" any industry from itself and it's employees, past and present, who
continue to demand more, more, more. At best we can only continue to throw more money at
it and dig the entire economy into oblivion.

No. This is not the first time I've disagreed with the greed of labor unions! Maybe
that's why they have plenty and I have little. ;-)

Bush Bailout RB[_2_] Metalworking 3 November 17th 08 06:12 PM
O/T: The Bailout NuWave Dave Woodworking 0 September 28th 08 01:57 AM
Bailout (politics) Stormin Mormon Woodworking 3 September 26th 08 04:30 PM
OT---mortgage bailout BillM[_2_] Metalworking 8 July 28th 08 06:46 PM
Auto Shipping Auto Shipping Scheduling:car moving auto transport linkswanted Home Repair 0 February 16th 08 02:40 AM