Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
plh plh is offline

Default Help! Bridgeport slide kaput

It got to the end of the stroke with the power feed & jumped the track in there
so that it no longer moves left to right. I have heard of this happening before
and in fact seen it, but I forget what you do to set it to rights. I have this
vague memory that there is a collar in there that encloses the worm gear that is
designed to separate in extreme circumstances. This is an old change belt drive
model. With an Acu-Rite DRO. Where can I go for guidance?
Thank You,
-plh

--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

plh wrote:

It got to the end of the stroke with the power feed & jumped the track in there
so that it no longer moves left to right. I have heard of this happening before
and in fact seen it, but I forget what you do to set it to rights. I have this
vague memory that there is a collar in there that encloses the worm gear that is
designed to separate in extreme circumstances. This is an old change belt drive
model. With an Acu-Rite DRO. Where can I go for guidance?
Thank You,
-plh

Shear pin in the power feed unit?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
plh plh is offline

In article .com, Pete C.
says...

plh wrote:

It got to the end of the stroke with the power feed & jumped the track in there
so that it no longer moves left to right. I have heard of this happening before
and in fact seen it, but I forget what you do to set it to rights. I have this
vague memory that there is a collar in there that encloses the worm gear that is
designed to separate in extreme circumstances. This is an old change belt drive
model. With an Acu-Rite DRO. Where can I go for guidance?
Thank You,
-plh

Shear pin in the power feed unit?

Talk about fast response! I thank ye.
Nope, 'tain't that. Otherwise the hand cranks would move it, but the power feed
would spin idly. It least it would seem logical that it would be that way in the
case of a sheared shear pin in the power feed unit.
Thank You,
-plh

--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-10-22, plh wrote:
In article .com, Pete C.
says...

plh wrote:

It got to the end of the stroke with the power feed & jumped the track in there
so that it no longer moves left to right. I have heard of this happening before
and in fact seen it, but I forget what you do to set it to rights. I have this
vague memory that there is a collar in there that encloses the worm gear that is
designed to separate in extreme circumstances. This is an old change belt drive
model. With an Acu-Rite DRO. Where can I go for guidance?
Thank You,
-plh

Shear pin in the power feed unit?

Talk about fast response! I thank ye.
Nope, 'tain't that. Otherwise the hand cranks would move it, but the power feed
would spin idly. It least it would seem logical that it would be that way in the
case of a sheared shear pin in the power feed unit.

Could the screw possibly have moved out of the nut? Can you push the
table to the right by hand, while simultaneously turning the handle?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"plh" wrote in message
It got to the end of the stroke with the power feed & jumped the track in
there
so that it no longer moves left to right. I have heard of this happening
before
and in fact seen it, but I forget what you do to set it to rights. I have
this
vague memory that there is a collar in there that encloses the worm gear
that is
designed to separate in extreme circumstances. This is an old change belt
drive
model. With an Acu-Rite DRO. Where can I go for guidance?
Thank You,
-plh

--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??

Get a flashlight and look under the table where the screw goes through the
nut. Chances are, you pulled the nut out of the holder. You also probably
broke the tensioning bolt and the retaining screw. (Don't ask how I know
this)

Old drawer slide???? RicodJour Home Repair 1 June 28th 08 03:33 AM
Microwave oven goes kaput J.C. Home Repair 12 October 6th 07 05:06 PM
My TV is going a bit kaput - any advice as to why? dee Electronics Repair 8 December 23rd 05 04:35 PM
Mr. Heater "Buddy" kaput? Silvan Woodworking 7 December 20th 04 03:56 PM
Microwave oven went KAPUT! What went wrong? Sam Goldwasser Electronics Repair 3 July 15th 04 10:09 PM