DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - The Economy (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/262646-ot-economy.html)

Eregon[_3_] October 14th 08 08:36 PM

OT - The Economy

Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel
in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it.

They failed and it closed.

Now we are trusting the economy of our country to a pack of nit-wits
who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling booze?

--

I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.

Ignoramus12952 October 14th 08 09:04 PM

OT - The Economy

On 2008-10-14, Eregon Eregon@Saphira.ørg wrote:
Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel
in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it.

They failed and it closed.

Now we are trusting the economy of our country to a pack of nit-wits
who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling booze?

Possibly they failed to run the brothel, because they fought ageism
and hired workers nearing retirement age.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Wes[_2_] October 15th 08 01:09 AM

OT - The Economy

Ignoramus12952 wrote:

Possibly they failed to run the brothel, because they fought ageism
and hired workers nearing retirement age.

No, it was because everytime they came up with a good job description of a whore some
politician objected. ;)

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

John October 15th 08 01:30 AM

OT - The Economy

Wes wrote:

Ignoramus12952 wrote:

Possibly they failed to run the brothel, because they fought ageism
and hired workers nearing retirement age.

No, it was because everytime they came up with a good job description of a whore some
politician objected. ;)

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Or they asked human resoures to get them some whores and resorces set
over a bunch of politicians.

John

Stuart Wheaton October 15th 08 01:39 AM

OT - The Economy

Eregon wrote:
Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel
in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it.

They failed and it closed.

Now we are trusting the economy of our country to a pack of nit-wits
who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling booze?

Wow, the same bozo's that brought us the Meese Commission couldn't make
a brothel profitable... Shocking.

But in more modern times, look at the perfect record of GWB, before he
came to Washington he'd bankrupted three companies, and now he leaves
the US in an analogous condition.

cavelamb himself[_4_] October 15th 08 05:00 AM

OT - The Economy

Stuart Wheaton wrote:
Eregon wrote:

Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel
in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it.
They failed and it closed.
Now we are trusting the economy of our country to a pack of nit-wits
who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling booze?

Wow, the same bozo's that brought us the Meese Commission couldn't make
a brothel profitable... Shocking.

But in more modern times, look at the perfect record of GWB, before he
came to Washington he'd bankrupted three companies, and now he leaves
the US in an analogous condition.

Ouch!

Good one, Stuart...

--