Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ACORN Defines Change

"Hawke" wrote in message

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 23:33:34 -0500, wrote:

Change - Cheating Helps A Negro Get Elected

Vote early and vote often.

HTH

ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation
ACORN's Las Vegas headquarters has been raided by Nevada authorities
looking for evidence of voter fraud.

Nevada state authorities seized records and computers Tuesday from the
Las Vegas office of an organization that tries to get low-income
people registered to vote, after fielding complaints of voter fraud.

Bob Walsh, spokesman for the Nevada secretary of state's office, told
FOXNews.com the raid was prompted by ongoing complaints about
"erroneous" registration information being submitted by the
Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, also called
ACORN.

The group was submitting the information through a voter sign-up drive
known as Project Vote.

"Some of them used nonexistent names, some of them used false
addresses and some of them were duplicates of previously filed
applications," Walsh said, describing the complaints, which largely
came from the registrar in Clark County, Nev.

Secretary of State Ross Miller said the fraudulent registrations
included forms for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football
team.

"Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and
anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot
on Nov. 4," Miller said.

Walsh said agents from both the secretary of state's office and Nevada
attorney general's office conducted the raid at 9:30 a.m. local time,
and "took a bunch of stuff." Miller's office reported seizing eight
computer hard drives and about 20 boxes of documents.

Bertha Lewis, interim chief organizer for ACORN, released a statement
saying the group has for months been turning over any suspicious
registration information to elections officials. She said those
officials routinely ignored their tips, and called the raid a "stunt."
"When we have identified suspicious applications, we have separated
them out and flagged them for election officials. We have zero
tolerance for fraudulent registrations. We immediately dismiss
employees we suspect of submitting fraudulent registrations," she
said. "Today's raid by the secretary of state's office is a stunt that
serves no useful purpose other than discredit our work registering
Nevadans and distracting us from the important work ahead of getting
every eligible voter to the polls."

Neither the group, which hires canvassers to register voters, nor any
employees have been charged or arrested for fraud or other crimes,
said Miller, a Democrat.

But it's not the first time ACORN's been under investigation for
registration irregularities. The raid is the latest of at least nine
investigations into possible fraudulent voter registration forms
submitted by ACORN - the probes have involved ACORN workers in
Wisconsin, New Mexico, Indiana and other states.

and seven other senators penned a letter to the Federal Housing
Finance Agency calling for the suspension of taxpayer dollars to
"controversial groups like ACORN." The letter referred to
contributions that potentially could come from Fannie Mae and Freddie
Mac under the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008.

In 2006, ACORN also committed what Washington Secretary of State Sam
Reed called the "worse case of election fraud" in the state's history.
In the case, ACORN submitted just over 1,800 new voter registration
forms, and all but six of the 1,800 names were fake.

More recently, 27,000 registrations handled by the group from January
to July 2008 "went into limbo because they were incomplete,
inaccurate, or fraudulent," said James Terry, chief public advocate at
the Consumers Rights League.

A check of ACORN staff has turned up a number of ACORN employees who
have been previously convicted of Identity Theft"

I guess one should indeed hire pros, when trying to steal an election,
ne?

Gunner

Is it really cheating if you are cheating a cheater? When you know how
much
cheating the republicans do to win an election it seems only fair to do
the
same back to them. It's like playing in a crooked card game. If you don't
cheat you have no chance at all. So if the Democrats want any chance of
winning an election against republicans they would be fools not to do some
cheating of their own. So I say way to go ACORN. Cheat away. You can't get
fair election with republicans any other way so go for it.

Hawke

There's a blatant pro-liberal bias in the media.

Despite that, ACORN is making negative news in several states. I can only
imagine what the news would be if it were Conservatives pulling these
tricks.

B. Hussein Obama was the lawyer for ACORN.

ACORN is strongly linked to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's asinine policies of
loaning monies to people that aren't qualified to pay it back.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac contributed tons of money to Chris Dodd and B.
Hussein Obama and Barney
Frank. (to be fair, they also gave money to buncha money to some
Republicans, just an order of magnitude less)

Those Government Sponsored Entities are making political contributions?
WTF?!?
That seems to be incest of the highest order.

ACORN is distributing federal money?!? My Tax dollars?

How can the liberals keep swallowing this foolishness as "correct" or "
normal"?

WTF happened to my Republic?

And now we have a bipartisan "bailout" to keep throwing money at this
idiocy to the tune of damnear a TRILLION DOLLARS?

Where is that value going to come from? An inflated dollar? My
grandchildren's taxes?

I'm not stupid - but I can recognize it when I see it.

Mark

ACORN Defines Change Jon Anderson Metalworking 1 October 12th 08 05:49 PM
ACORN Defines Change Ed Huntress Metalworking 0 October 10th 08 01:06 PM
Acorn Kitchen Hob Extractor Gio UK diy 4 August 15th 05 09:21 PM
What defines an element as a metal? Eric R Snow Metalworking 8 June 15th 05 03:50 PM
What defines a tree? Matt Home Repair 41 June 8th 05 03:25 PM