Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rotary tool bit for cutting crosswise through 1/16" - 1/8" thick aluminum?

I have many rotary tool attachments for my Dremel 10.8 V lithium
cordless (nice tool BTW), but none for crosswise cutting 1/16" -
1/8" thick aluminum.

The bit would probably be something between the Dremel 560/561 and
the Dremel 9901. I have those, the drywall/multipurpose bits and the
carbide cutter for cutting stainless steel.

The Dremel carbide cutter cuts aluminum too slowly and the
multipurpose bit eats my skate frame aluminum quickly and is
difficult to control. Currently I use the multipurpose bit, on
high-speed and very carefully.

Is there a rotary tool attachment with teeth spacing somewhere
between the carbide cutter and the multipurpose cutter, for cutting
aluminum? Of course it doesn't have to be made by Dremel.

Thanks.

--
The first big front wheel rollerblades.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote:

The Dremel carbide cutter cuts aluminum too slowly and the
multipurpose bit eats my skate frame aluminum quickly and is
difficult to control. Currently I use the multipurpose bit, on
high-speed and very carefully.

Have you considered hacksaws and files?

Wee
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--IIRC you might be able to snag a nibbler attachment at H-F that
would do the job..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : "Hold on! we're passing
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : through the moronosphere!"