Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Custom C-face mounting plate.

Newbie here with perhaps a basic basic question. Need to grove a
circle in a custom aluminum mounting plate for a C-face motor with a
protruding locating ring cast into the motor face. Don't have a mill
to do coordinate locating so I've drilled an exact sized hole for the
motor shaft and hope to mark the motor ring onto my mounting plate
directly with some sort of transfer ink such as that of a rubber stamp
pad but I don't know of such a compound to use. I then plan on using
my small rotary table and heavy duty drill press to grove the mark on
the plate (a depth of about an eigth of an inch) with an endmill I
purchased that corresponds to the the motor face ring in size. Does
this approach make sense, or is there another way. Is there such a
transfer compound or prussian blue with some viscuosity to effect a
good transfer mark? I suppose I could use a compass but I need it to
be precisely right on. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Manny
trg-s338